Brian Daboll talks move from Alabama to Buffalo and NFL

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In retrospect, it was always an awkward fit. Only a few (at most) here know the full story behind play selection for Jalen vs. Tua.

I'm certainly not one of those, and the ones who are, are keeping their mouths shut to preserve information sources.

Regardless, we got the NC, Daboll got a ring and a few lines on the resume, and both sides are on to more comfortable fits. So everybody's a winner.

Let's celebrate that, quit picking at the scab, let any ouches heal, and be happy for the season that brought #17.

Last edited:

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think he'd be more revered on this board if Tua had been starting all season.

I suspect he wasn't a great fit here and the decision for him to head back to the NFL was mutual, though.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
On the positive side (for Dabble), the Bills had the 29th-rated offense this season, which sets him up perfectly to "achieve" his mean average as an NFL OC...
We all had to watch the offense he called for jalen hurts this year. Square peg in round hole. Tyrod Taylor. Need I say more?
CNS would have told him that was not the right job. Could have stayed and won ALOT. That tells you he couldn't wait to get out of here. Or he was let go. I will always wonder.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.