Anyone remember CNS's reaction to a Question about DeVonta Smith in early practices?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
[video=youtube;UszagvnBhGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=UszagvnBhGo[/video]

Little did we know how important he would be late in the year at MSU and UGA.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: Anyone remember CNS reaction to a Question about Devante Smith in early practices

Mods, I misspelled DeVonta. Please correct if possible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Anyone remember CNS reaction to a Question about Devante Smith in early practices

Both of the guys that he was asked about played great against GA. :biggrin:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Without watching, since I am at work, I recall him saying something about Smith looking good against air, and the reporters got to see exactly what he wanted them to see, or something along that line. I cracked up at the time too. Because you gotta know Nick only shows reporters what he wants them to talk about.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That was a great press conference. It was one of the days in fall camp where Saban wanted to explode but couldn't get serious enough to do it. The beat writers knew he wasn't being serious and started smirking, which lead to Saban struggling even more.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

Classic Coach Saban, "Thanks for asking"... :)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

When he steps back, looks to the side and says "What videos?" he looks like he's ready to explode on someone; but, by "Thanks for asking" you can't help but smile with him.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Looks like it paid off. Devonta ran a great route against air on that final play against UGA. :biggrin: :BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.