Video: How impressed were you with Tua Tagovailoa's 2nd half performance?

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I`ve never been certain if Kanell actually feels and believes what he spouts or if he`s simply doing what his employer tells him to do.
Years back I was listening to an interview with tebow, tebow was asked about working with various espn personalities. He was asked about Kanell and tebow said point blank that Kanell was everything in reality that you see on tv. He said kanells opinions on air are indeed his real views. I think even Herbstreit called him out in a tweet after Bama was selected and asked Kanell " man what has happened to you?". If Kirk is calling you out , I think it's safe to say that you really are way out in left field.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
That's not like Klatt to be complimentary of us but he is right.
This First Take First Show on Fox Sports with Chris Carter is one of my favorite sports talk shows. I normally follow on YouTube. I admire Carter's knowledge of the game and of Bama Football. I saw the Klatt interview on the day it occurred and was surprised with Klatt's compliments of Alabama. Particularly since Fox and Klatt were such strong backers of the Big 10 and The Ohio State team.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
He reminded me of a young Joe Namath, coming in off the bench, late in the 2nd qtr.and scoring 2 TDs against Ga. Tech, We won. He's very much like Namath style of delivery, except of course left handed,.
I remember John Forney's call of that game. Incredible performance by Namath! I have thought about comparison of Tua to other Bama QB's and honestly feel that Namath is the only one. I honestly don't feel that Stabler or Hunter could spin it like Tua. I must say however nostalgically that the one guy in that era who could spin it like Tua was the great Pat Sullivan. Were it not for the great QB destroyer Norm Van Brocklin Pat would have likely been in the NFL HOF.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One of my favorite videos of him also includes Colin Cowherd. This was from 2015, and I think it was after the Ole Miss three ring circus game that we lost.

They were talking about how Coach Saban had lost his touch and that Alabama was too slow. Too big. Stale.

I think back on that fondly all the time. :)
A walk down memory lane.
I swear, when I see Kenyan Drake return that kick for a touchdown, after all the stuff that dude went through, I get a lump in my throat. I was so happy for him to be able to do that.

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I finally watched the interview and it was terrific. I agree with everything the guy said. And I like witnessing greatness. Roll Tide!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think even Herbstreit called him out in a tweet after Bama was selected and asked Kanell " man what has happened to you?". If Kirk is calling you out , I think it's safe to say that you really are way out in left field.
Herbstreit did.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I don't think OSU dominated us four years ago, I think we beat ourselves!!!!
Totally agree. In fact...with all due respect for the OSU program and especially that particular team...we should not have collapsed like that. They were certainly a powerhouse group though.I respect Meyer, and I know many folks in our camp don't.

tidegrandpa

All-American

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'd give him about a 6 out of 10 until that last pass in OT. After that I'd give him an 8+ and let him know that I expect some improvement regarding that 16 yard sack, etc. Room for growth. Hey! He's only a FRESHMAN.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't think OSU dominated us four years ago, I think we beat ourselves!!!!
LOL, they did. The score didn't indicate it, but the rushing stats sure did:
Alabama: 34 rushes for 170 yards (5 ypc)
OSU: 42 rushes for 281 yards (6.7 ypc)

Yes, I think the game might be different if we keep running Derrick Henry, but unless the defense stops allows a first down every 1.5 rushes, Bama still loses this one. OSU punched Bama in the mouth and Bama didn't respond.

LOL, they did. The score didn't indicate it, but the rushing stats sure did:
Alabama: 34 rushes for 170 yards (5 ypc)
OSU: 42 rushes for 281 yards (6.7 ypc)

Yes, I think the game might be different if we keep running Derrick Henry, but unless the defense stops allows a first down every 1.5 rushes, Bama still loses this one. OSU punched Bama in the mouth and Bama didn't respond.
I still don’t see domination. They did do a little something to us but it took an injury or two for it to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
The video is great, since Klatt was one of those guys predicting the end of the Bama dynasty a few years back. Sounds like he now sees the error of his ways.

As for me, I was cautiously impressed by that second half by Tua. He made some very good throws, as well as some good runs. But he also did make his fair share of mistakes in the game as well. The pick when everyone else thought it was a running play, the sack, even the TD catch by Ridley were all less than stellar decisions on his part. Thankfully, our defense, a little luck, and one brave recovery pass made up for those.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.