2018 Prospect: QB Brock Purdy

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
From reading an article about him it seems that early playing time may be really high on his list of priorities, but do you want to go 6-6 or maybe 8-4 and start or sit a couple of years and challenge for a title. Also the ISU coach looks pretty good. Do you think he will be there long?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Iowa State has a dynamic coach and a looming shortage of QBs. Given the comments from his coach, I think Purdy is highly flattered by our offer, can't wait to come here and look around, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he chooses us.

Here's to pleasant surprises.

From reading an article about him it seems that early playing time may be really high on his list of priorities, but do you want to go 6-6 or maybe 8-4 and start or sit a couple of years and challenge for a title. Also the ISU coach looks pretty good. Do you think he will be there long?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think he will be blown away on his OV and he will be our QB in this class. Seeing our facilities compared to ISU and all the shiny stuff we have in our trophy case and all over the football complex and speaking with Coach will close him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I think he will be blown away on his OV and he will be our QB in this class. Seeing our facilities compared to ISU and all the shiny stuff we have in our trophy case and all over the football complex and speaking with Coach will close him.
Immediate playing time could be a deal breaker for him...just saying.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Immediate playing time could be a deal breaker for him...just saying.
Could be. It's clear that the HS coach is not our friend in this.

Throws all the time? Not gonna happen.

Make the decisions? I don't think so. Nick Saban makes the decisions, he isn't going anywhere, and he dang sure isn't going to let a TF "make the decisions."

HS coach essentially demanding immediate playing time? In that quarterback room? Really?

Hope the HS coach isn't doubling as an "advisor" or "handler." But if he speaks for Purdy, I'm not sure I want the drama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Would anyone honestly be surprised if that happened, though?
Actually I would be very surprised and concerned if it was only one.

I watched White's highlight video and he has a good arm and pocket presence. I like him better than Purdy but he may be an easier get than White. I have a feeling the academic staff/deans/professors will be big part of his visit also.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Actually I would be very surprised and concerned if it was only one.

I watched White's highlight video and he has a good arm and pocket presence. I like him better than Purdy but he may be an easier get than White. I have a feeling the academic staff/deans/professors will be big part of his visit also.
Should have specified. Would we be surprised if we were down to two QBs?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Another interesting comment was that he wanted to play in the NFL, but that football wasn't everything (paraphrasing)? Odds are he will never play in the NFL unless he believes that's his calling and it has his heart and soul.

One qb by the end of the spring? I just threw up in my mouth typing that.

rtr

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Another interesting comment was that he wanted to play in the NFL, but that football wasn't everything (paraphrasing)? Odds are he will never play in the NFL unless he believes that's his calling and it has his heart and soul.

One qb by the end of the spring? I just threw up in my mouth typing that.

rtr
Just got to hope that at least two of these guys has got a really hot girlfriend at school !!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.