potential ILBs for 2018

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
we are looking pretty thin at ILB on the existing Depth chart. any ideas of who from this class is slated to be able to play ILB verse at OLB?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well, I would think Vernon Jackson ( if he sticks ) might be a possibility. I don`t recall if it`s been stated what he might be being recruited for specifically. Could play at a number of spots. It would appear that they are so indefinite that it`s hard to speculate at this point about Quay Walker and especially JJ Petersen.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I haven't looked in awhile but the last time I did we don't have anyone signed or committed to play inside. I know we have Wilson and Moses, and Holcombe, but I do not have anyone else's name in mind. We will have to shift someone, no doubt.

rtr

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Well Mack tweeted that he was the best linebacker in football....we may not need anyone else
LOL - I feel pretty good about him and moses as our two starters in the middle, but after that we don't seem to have much. Benton. Holcombe if he can get healthy and then nothing else.

Seems like all the other LB on the roster were in the OLB line last year. Maybe Cowan moves inside since he did play a lot of ILB in HS at least, but all the others appear to be true OLB/DE guys who would have a hard time playing off the ball.

Hoping we see at least one, if not two guys in this class who can start to build that depth back up.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Bama has just started to recruit a young man who plays at the High School I teach/coach at Jaylen Moody 3star on 247sports. Bama coaches are to visit him in the next couple days and he will take an official feb 2, 3rd. rtr

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Of the current LB commits, Cameron Latu is the only one slotted for ILB.
interesting. I've watched all the guys highlights, and Latu played DE in HS so thought he's be slated as a Jack LB. Walker is rated/listed as an OLB, but all his film is an off the ball player, which typically translates into ILB in our scheme. Will be fun to watch either way to see where all the parts fit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
interesting. I've watched all the guys highlights, and Latu played DE in HS so thought he's be slated as a Jack LB. Walker is rated/listed as an OLB, but all his film is an off the ball player, which typically translates into ILB in our scheme. Will be fun to watch either way to see where all the parts fit.
Actually, I was wrong. Latu is an OLB prospect.

UA announced the early signees and didn't list any of those as an ILB.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Actually, I was wrong. Latu is an OLB prospect.

UA announced the early signees and didn't list any of those as an ILB.
It was reported that we were recruiting Vernon Jackson as a ILB but he is a soft commit at this point. The staff may not be sure on him and that is probably why they have offered the kid at AllyBama's high school.

We also have Markail Benton at ILB who redshirted this year so currently on roster we have:

Wilson
Moses
Holcombe
Davis
Benton

I think we want 6-7 ILB's so we need 1-2 in this class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It was reported that we were recruiting Vernon Jackson as a ILB but he is a soft commit at this point. The staff may not be sure on him and that is probably why they have offered the kid at AllyBama's high school.

We also have Markail Benton at ILB who redshirted this year so currently on roster we have:

Wilson
Moses
Holcombe
Davis
Benton

I think we want 6-7 ILB's so we need 1-2 in this class.
Jaylen Moody hasn't been offered yet. Just coming on an official next weekend. Seems to be more of a fallback plan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.