Playcall for Tua's Third and 7 Scramble was Same as Game-Winning Score

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
That just goes to show you the attention to detail going on in the booth, that tells me , they we're testing those safeties early in the third on the deep ball to gauge playcalling later. Seeing as their safeties had not been tested in the first half, that was a good idea to call that early in the third.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
However, on the play to win the game - two Georgia linebackers went with Irv Smith on his slant across the field. On the earlier play shown, only one player went with Smith and drew the safety's attention and he had to provide help or Smith would have been one on one with a linebacker. The safety may have influenced by this earlier play and then kept his eye on Smith on the game winning TD pass. I also think Jeudy drew some of his attention too and of course Tua did not look Devonte's way until right when he threw it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought as an analyst Warner cannot communicate with the staff during the game?
Analysts can only have headphones to hear communication. They cannot have a microphone to directly communicate down to the sideline. He can easily write down an observation and pass it along to an assistant in the booth to tell the sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.