Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...) (Case dismissed)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...)

This story is a mess.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Marlon Humphrey arrested for Robbery

A phone charger, really? I find those things laying around the school all the time. This is just terrible. I feel pretty sure this is a big mistake. (I hope so anyway)

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018

This is not as unbelievable to me as it appears to be to a lot. Just taking the most recently posted report at face value here are my thoughts. MH felt the driver was attempting to show him up in front of the ladies. Add in too much alcohol and I can see how a situation could escalate like this. Not about charger or money just EGO.

Last edited:

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018

$2500 bond over a $15 charger. 2 wks. later? It sure seems the police/sheriff have it in for Bama players pas/present. I know that they are not all angels, but good grief!
The driver alleged he used physical force... not sure what you would expect them to do. They have to make report, decide if charge are warranted and go from there. I don't see how this is being viewed as no big deal...you can not intimidate people and even go as far as physical violence(although no injuries) they would have locked me or you up too. Just doesn't get reported because we are not famous alumni or current NFL players. I genuinely hope it is not how it appears but going off info(report) it appears to be just that.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

3rd thread in a week about negative experience with uber drivers. I have found the answer! Avoid uber. Use a traditional taxi if you are to drunk to drive.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Re: Marlon Humphrey arrested for Robbery

Taking wagers.

1.How long before charges are dropped and MH "settles" case with uber driver?

2. How much will driver collect for pain, suffering and loss of wages?
From teh AL.com story linked above:
"The report also lists harassment among the offenses. The suspect was suspected of being under the influence of alcohol."

If you think the Uber driver is being a jerk for saying anything about it - read the AL.Com story. This will cost Marlon more than a few bucks to get it behind him, and perhaps affect his next contract negotiations if any future incidents like this happen.

Hopefully he will learn his lesson and not put himself into these kinds of situations in the future.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

3rd thread in a week about negative experience with uber drivers. I have found the answer! Avoid uber. Use a traditional taxi if you are to drunk to drive.
My kids and many friends use Uber and love it. I don't. Plenty of people have had bad experiences with Uber - ranging from simple rudeness to assault, rape and murder.

An actual taxi might not be any safer, BUT If you use a "taxi" - they are required by law to be bonded and insured. Because of insurance requirements, most taxi companies run background checks on their drivers. If you are assaulted by a taxi driver, there is (at least) insurance money to potentially compensate you (or your survivors).

Try suing Uber if one of their drivers assaults you. It won't be pretty..... for you (or your survivors).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.