Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...) (Case dismissed)

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Re: Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...)

I won't disagree on your points about taxi drivers, but it ranges from difficult to impossible to get a taxi in Tuscaloosa on most nights. Uber is sometimes the only way to get around if you don't have a vehicle or are intoxicated.

A good friend of my son drove for uber around campus for a few months last year. He told me he was making around $900 per week and about spending about $100-$125 per week on gas.
He said during summer break it wasn't worth it at all so he was looking for a job. I don't know if he started driving again or not.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

My post was more of a joke than seriousness. However, their seriously have been 3 threads about uber on tidefans within a week. It makes me happy that I do not feel the need to drink more than one or 2 in public so that I need a driver. If I want to get too drunk to drive I will do it at home.
we also use uber to go to and from the airport quite a bit. it's much easier than a cab and quicker than park and shuttle.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

There is an obvious disconnect here, EVERYBODY knows star Bama players get free Chargers

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

we also use uber to go to and from the airport quite a bit. it's much easier than a cab and quicker than park and shuttle.
the uber/lyft driver's I have used say it is a great way to make some money while in school.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I use The Parking Spot, they almost always have me out and heading towards the airport within a few minutes of me parking. But of course not all of them are like that and that depends on where you are going to and from.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Marlon's preliminary hearing is ongoing. Was going to post some tweets, but there are too many.

Of note, the UAPD investigator testified the police officer did not arrest Marlon at the scene because he saw the charger go back to the Uber driver but the driver was "adamant" about pressing charges.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Judge is going to consider the evidence and testimony from today's hearing and will issue a ruling on whether or not the case should proceed at a later date.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

Marlon's preliminary hearing is ongoing. Was going to post some tweets, but there are too many.
Of note, the UAPD investigator testified the police officer did not arrest Marlon at the scene because he saw the charger go back to the Uber driver but the driver was "adamant" about pressing charges.
I trust that Marlon has retained counsel and this will be concluded at the preliminary hearing. I imagine the DA and the Court have far more weighty cases to focus their time on!

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Sounds like a money grab. He will probably sue for a million. Won't win but he thinks he will.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am just happy that the testimony seems to have vindicated Marlon. Hopefully the judge throws this out.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I knew everyone was trying to make too much of this. Only one woman accompanied Marlon to a hotel, not 3.:smile:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Is he a good lawyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what kind of lawyer Paul is but I always liked the guy. There is a good interview with Paul Patterson at the bottom of one of the links up above at the bottom of the article.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

What a joke of a case to begin with...I hate that this risks Goodell action against him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.