Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...) (Case dismissed)

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Re: Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery (over a phone charger...)

When I was a prosecutor in Montgomery (many, many years ago...), they started me off with preliminary hearings. If the judge found that there was probable cause that a crime had occurred and that the defendant had committed it, the judge would send the case to the grand jury. If memory serves, the judge would "bind the defendant over to the grand jury." If the judge didn't find probable cause the judge would dismiss the case and order the defendant's bond cancelled. That's what happened here (and, yes, he gets the bond money back).

In theory, the DA's office could still present the case to the grand jury and seek an indictment which would bring the case back to life. My thinking is that, unless there's more evidence out there, they likely won't.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

That Uber driver and the charger must go way back together......pardon my French but that must've been one hell of a charger he was attached to.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

That Uber driver and the charger must go way back together......pardon my French but that must've been one hell of a charger he was attached to.
Yes, we've all had that 12W USB power adapter that we just can never really let go. Even with USB-C power delivery right over the horizon, our love for one another cannot be quieted.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

That would be my kinda luck..Getting charges filed over a phone charger I can't even use in the 1st place..

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I guess that this is as good a time as any for a long-time-lurker to finally post...

Just another false accusation attempting to link a Bama player with a “Charger” that he didn’t pay for 😎

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.