Bobby Williams going to Oregon as on field coach

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Man ... really hate seeing him leave but wishing him the best. Thanks for all of your great work CBW

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Man, this is almost a complete staff rebuild for CNS.
I think this will be a good thing. In the thread about recruits that flipped to UGA, there was one that compared CNS's grandfatherly demeanor to Smart's more uncle-like demeanor. Several also said that Smart was more relatable. I think that with CNS being a 66 year old grandfather (albeit one who could work circles around most of us) getting more youth on the staff, particularly as position coaches and ace recruiters, is invaluable.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Does this open up a slot for Hugh Freeze in an analyst role?
No limit on # of analysts, just football budget. As another coach has told me “Nick wants, Nick gets!” He advocates for the other programs, don’t want anyone to take that quote the wrong way!

I still expect Freeze as an analyst OR possibly TE coach if Panuzzi moves off field as expected. I understand the Freeze situation may not sit well with some so, I’d expect anything there to come after signing day. Not to mention, more schools will likely have movement after signing day and the Super Bowl when NFL teams finazlize coaching moves. Freeze may end up with an OC offer elsewhere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.