2018 4 Star QB Brevin White

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He's the #13 prostyle QB in the nation. Think he's been so set on playing at Princeton because of their business school that he hasn't bothered with other schools.
Wonder if he`s that rare kid that though a very gifted athlete, does not really want to play professionally necessarily?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We have the Culverhouse School of Business, right? I think that's a pretty good school.

rtr

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Yeah but a national title ring can be very beneficial on the golf course and in the boardroom....probably another room too but I digress

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The kid said he wanted to play in the NFL. There are trade offs to everything you do in life, but I think this is one I'd give serious consideration, unless he honestly doesn't think he could come here and compete.

Of course, if he can handle Princeton academically, and you'd have to think he'd have a great shot at starting up there? Wouldn't be a bad way to do your college years. We had a young lady working with us who quit to do an internship at Princeton, and her opinion was you just did not pass up any opportunity at a school like that (and she is German).

rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I have seen it said that he would be a walk on but I doubt that seriously. And if I were his parents there is no way I'd let him go to any other school other than Princeton. I mean, as parents, would any of you? IDK, if he wants to get into the League then Bama is hard to turn down and we have a pretty good Business school ourselves...and he'd probably finish his Masters here before the draft. But Ivy league connections do not grow on trees.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I have seen it said that he would be a walk on but I doubt that seriously. And if I were his parents there is no way I'd let him go to any other school other than Princeton. I mean, as parents, would any of you? IDK, if he wants to get into the League then Bama is hard to turn down and we have a pretty good Business school ourselves...and he'd probably finish his Masters here before the draft. But Ivy league connections do not grow on trees.
But many employers don't really care. After you enter the workforce, it means little in most worlds. I know in mine, eng/cs, it meant nothing. It's what you can or have the potential of doing and school is not the best indicator. But there are worlds where it does matter. But we didn't care if you had a BS vs doctorate.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
But many employers don't really care. After you enter the workforce, it means little in most worlds. I know in mine, eng/cs, it meant nothing. It's what you can or have the potential of doing and school is not the best indicator. But there are worlds where it does matter. But we didn't care if you had a BS vs doctorate.
This has been covered ad nauseum on the Non Sports board. Earning potential over career is hardly affected by the prestige of the University you graduated from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This has been covered ad nauseum on the Non Sports board. Earning potential over career is hardly affected by the prestige of the University you graduated from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My line to all college students who call me asking for advice is that you solidify your career while you are still in school not after you graduate. You do internships and network with your friends, their parents and associates. At Princeton Business School one is going to have a tremendous opportunity to do all of that and come out way ahead of most. I love the Crimson Tide through and through but my boy would be headed up north given the opportunity.

That said and on second thought, I still hope he comes to T-town. If things don't work out he could probably still transfer to Princeton or Stanford or any other such school that needs a good QB on scholly.

Last edited:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Here is the 247 interview with Brevin. To say he was impressed is an understatement. It appears he is our top QB target. We should know his decision by the end of the week based on his comments.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...t-will-make-final-decision-shortly--114393324
Well, he looks good in Crimson so that's already a plus. Obviously he's a smart QB.

Oh, and I loved the fact the Enos and Locksley are saying it's going to be "pro-style."

If we were going to continue in a heavy qb run style of offense this guy wouldn't give us the time of day.

BTW, his film reminds me a little of AJM.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well, he looks good in Crimson so that's already a plus. Obviously he's a smart QB.

Oh, and I loved the fact the Enos and Locksley are saying it's going to be "pro-style."

If we were going to continue in a heavy qb run style of offense this guy wouldn't give us the time of day.

BTW, his film reminds me a little of AJM.
Looks like the dual threat/spread enthusiasm has calmed down. The great thing about going back to a more pro-style, power run offense is very few run it so when teams face us they won't have experience in a game setting or preparing for it at practice. Going to be fun to really hit people in the mouth again and throw over the top.

I agree about film looking like AJM.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
My line to all college students who call me asking for advice is that you solidify your career while you are still in school not after you graduate. You do internships and network with your friends, their parents and associates. At Princeton Business School one is going to have a tremendous opportunity to do all of that and come out way ahead of most. I love the Crimson Tide through and through but my boy would be headed up north given the opportunity.

That said and on second thought, I still hope he comes to T-town. If things don't work out he could probably still transfer to Princeton or Stanford or any other such school that needs a good QB on scholly.
I’m pretty sure Princeton does not have a stand-alone Business School...just an Econ department.
i should know....I was rejected there. 😉

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I’m pretty sure Princeton does not have a stand-alone Business School...just an Econ department.
i should know....I was rejected there. ��
Good for you being right there Birdie! Look, the kid is in a win/win situation. If he is good enough to get in the league he will get his chance at Bama. If the kid wants to coach someday then he could potentially make millions being mentored by the Tide coaching staff. If the kid wants to work on Wallstreet as an investment banker then Princeton is the ticket. Nothing but positives for this young man...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We're assuming White has a full ride to Princeton, and that may or may not be the case. They're in what we used to call Division III, and I don't think they award athletic scholarships. I know that was the case at one time.

They do award zillions of other scholarships, and it's possible he has a full ride that way. Or maybe it's just partial. No way to know for sure.

But as much as I love Alabama, if my son had a choice of a full (or even half) scholarship in Princeton vs. walk-on in Tuscaloosa, he's going up north.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
We're assuming White has a full ride to Princeton, and that may or may not be the case. They're in what we used to call Division III, and I don't think they award athletic scholarships. I know that was the case at one time.

They do award zillions of other scholarships, and it's possible he has a full ride that way. Or maybe it's just partial. No way to know for sure.

But as much as I love Alabama, if my son had a choice of a full (or even half) scholarship in Princeton vs. walk-on in Tuscaloosa, he's going up north.
Doing my own research on ivy league schools they do not give scholarships based on ability whether that's academic or athletically..they do give financial aid as needed so your resume as far as grades and community work can greatly improved your chances if getting in but it's not a scholarship I'm not sure how much of a ride he has but I think Bama has a really good shot
https://www.quora.com/Does-Princeton-University-give-athletic-scholarships-Why

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.