2018 4 Star QB Brevin White

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
We're assuming White has a full ride to Princeton, and that may or may not be the case. They're in what we used to call Division III, and I don't think they award athletic scholarships. I know that was the case at one time.

They do award zillions of other scholarships, and it's possible he has a full ride that way. Or maybe it's just partial. No way to know for sure.

But as much as I love Alabama, if my son had a choice of a full (or even half) scholarship in Princeton vs. walk-on in Tuscaloosa, he's going up north.
Correct. The Ivy League doesn’t offer athletic scholarships, only academic ones.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
As a dad I’d defer to my son’s wishes but, yeah, it’s be a tough call. Attend Princeton or play QB at Bama? Heck of a choice.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
My youngest got a full ride to Emory for grad school, except it only paid fees, books and tuition. Two years? About $60K in student load dept paying for nothing but living expenses. Her pizza parlor job didn't cover much of that.

I assume this kid's family can at least consider sending him to New Jersey regardless of the costs, but I keep coming back to the NFL thing. I know Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jason Garrett and a few others (Mike Shula's brother for another) have made it to the league in some capacity or another coming from the Ivy League, but I guarantee you that Tua got more attention from the NFL in one half of football than all the Ivy League qb's playing right now will ever get, combined.

rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This sums it up for me, "But he's different than most kids. He's thinking about the academic side and the post-graduate side, but he's just got to sort it out for himself and see what he wants." I just get the feeling the kid has his life planned out as an investment banker on Wall Street and a whirlwind trip to T-town must be a hard pull but not quite enough IMHO. We shall see...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
This sums it up for me, "But he's different than most kids. He's thinking about the academic side and the post-graduate side, but he's just got to sort it out for himself and see what he wants." I just get the feeling the kid has his life planned out as an investment banker on Wall Street and a whirlwind trip to T-town must be a hard pull but not quite enough IMHO. We shall see...
That's exactly what I took away from that, I think he's just a different kind of kid. He knows exactly what he wants..would love to get him. I'm assuming Purdy is on wait and see mode?

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
IIRC, his quote was something like "I would like to work on Wall St for at least a year". This tells me he may want it for the experience and not a career. His coach said Coach Saban has connections also. Like you say we shall see.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Chicago commodities broker, Johnny Musso did alright with his Bama degree. I just laugh at all of the fawning over Ivy League degrees. I have a “state school” degree and did alright compared to some friends who went to Brown and Penn. Just sayin

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Chicago commodities broker, Johnny Musso did alright with his Bama degree. I just laugh at all of the fawning over Ivy League degrees. I have a “state school” degree and did alright compared to some friends who went to Brown and Penn. Just sayin
I have a son whose job is Wall Street based...and he graduated from Bama...you can do anything if you work hard enough...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Top Tide QB target’s coach says ‘it’s a toss-up’ between Alabama and Princeton

White’s recruitment is a unique one. He committed to Princeton back in July during a family vacation where the Whites decided to visit the Ivy League school. White texted Herrington that he was going to commit to Princeton, which caused the coach to simply respond by saying, “What?”

“We’re talking about one of the top quarterbacks in California,” Herrington told SEC Country. “I knew with the way he was practicing that he was going to have another remarkable season. He did. He threw 54 touchdowns and only had 5 interceptions. He had just under 4,000 yards and didn’t play in the fourth quarter in over half our games.”

But it’s because of his commitment to Princeton that allows Alabama to have a chance at landing White. Recruits don’t sign a national letter of intent with Ivy League schools. There are no football scholarships. The only financial aid Ivy League schools provide are determined based on the student’s financial need dependent on the family’s income.

“He’s going to have to pay darn near the whole tuition if he went there,” Herrington said. “Maybe he’d get a little aid.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.