News Article: At least 16 football players have been accused of sexual assault at Mich. ST.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Re: Report: At least 16 football players have been accused of sexual assault at Michi

Before jumping to conclusions I'd recommend reading the original OTL article. It has an actual description of each incident. Some are unsavoury but most of the football related ones relate what I would call unfortunately "typical" college scenes. They were dealt with by the campus police. And it even says they don't know if dantonio was ever told. In other words, the very article this is based on does not say the coaches covered it up. It doesn't say anyone covered it up. There is nothing that says coaches covered up stuff. And the one incident where dantonio was involved, all the players were kicked off the team. It says in the other cases that the school didn't published details (and why would the school do that in a case that involves privacy?). The subsequent feeding frenzy is media at its worst. Having said that, I'm not sure what to make of the BB stuff and Izzo. Gonna wait to see on that.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Re: Report: At least 16 football players have been accused of sexual assault at Michi

Dantonio just gave a press conference a short time ago:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I doubt Izzo and Dantonio have a job on Monday. This type of “let the coach handle it” culture has to be stopped.
It *has* to be stopped because the media says so.

Witchhunt is on. Someone somewhere will try to tie Nick Saban to it, of course. Not that there would be anything to it. Sorry, I'm just skeptical until there's proof.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

While each individual charge may not be airtight, I have a hard time believing that all these women and their parents lied. So I believe Izzo, Dantonio, and MSU in general, are in a well-deserved world of eat-up hurt.

I do not, however, believe the NCAA has, or should have, jurisdiction here.

This is not a popular view on TF. I took significant heat for voicing it regarding Penn State and Baylor.

But I have not changed my position. These cases are properly decided in the criminal and civil courts. And the guilty / liable should be punished to the full extent the law allows.

For a laundry list of reasona, we do NOT want the NCAA meting out punishment for the crimes and torts committed by athletes, coaches, and administrators.

As good as it might feel to see the perps spit on the end of a pitchfork, if it's Mark Emmett holding the tines, that's a godamighty slippery slope. And at the bottom is some bad, bad [stuff].

This is a matter for the courts, not that clown car circling a dumpster fire that was started by a train wreck in Indianapolis.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Do you have a real source or are you spreading rumor? I didn't see anything like this in the OTL report.
Just read on yahoo news. Goes back to documented reports that have come out in the Nasser trail. As early as 2010, he knew just like Izzo, what was going on and did nothing.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

While each individual charge may not be airtight, I have a hard time believing that all these women and their parents lied. So I believe Izzo, Dantonio, and MSU in general, are in a well-deserved world of eat-up hurt.

I do not, however, believe the NCAA has, or should have, jurisdiction here.

This is not a popular view on TF. I took significant heat for voicing it regarding Penn State and Baylor.

But I have not changed my position. These cases are properly decided in the criminal and civil courts. And the guilty / liable should be punished to the full extent the law allows.

For a laundry list of reasons, this is not a matter for the NCAA.

As good as it might feel to see the perps spit on the end of a pitchfork, if it's Mark Emmett holding the tines, that's a godamighty slippery slope. And at the bottom is some bad, bad [stuff].

This is a matter for the courts, not that clown car circling a dumpster fire in Indianapolis.

In civil rights matters (victims and accused) I am skeptical til it's proven but as always, 4QBC, very well said. A person's freedom (again victims *and* accused) should never be taken away lightly but when proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that freedom should be taken away swiftly and definitely.

Zach

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2017

Witchhunt is on. Someone somewhere will try to tie Nick Saban to it, of course. Not that there would be anything to it. Sorry, I'm just skeptical until there's proof.
Best reply I’ve read on this

Last edited:

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US

No, it has to be stopped because it is the right thing to do. We have seen this at FSU, Baylor and now most likely, Michigan State. I highly doubt these are isolated instances. I do not believe the athletic department at any university should be the sole organization determining the seriousness of an accusation. The coaching staff has an interest to keep players eligible.

This is not an NCAA issue and each case should without a doubt receive due process, but by the proper staff/authorities.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wow the MSU Pres and AD have already resigned.
The president resigned over the Larry Nassar story.

AD resigned before the newest OTL story went public but after ESPN showed what they had and asked for a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
You either knew what was going on but covered it up anyways or.....

You did not want to know and kept "whistling past the graveyard."

Either way, it's not a good look. I agree that both coaches should be done, period, no matter their standing with the school.

And if Izzo's career is over due to this, and it should be, then we would have watch Joe Paterno, Rick Patino, and Tom Izzo's all had the careers go up in smoke of controversy is less than a decade.

Izzo and D'Antino should resign. But I would pleased if they were fired.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Before this is through I doubt there will be any school left with the current coaching staff. If anyone thinks Alabama or Stanford or Northwestern is immune you better hold on tight. Sure, some of these charges are exaggerated and some are just wanting attention but many of these have to have merit. This stuff has been going on for years and years and years. I mean, even Vandy with the brightest and best had this problem. It is going to get ugly.

Hearing all these Hollywood/sport/political it occurred to me that I was a harasser and a molester when I was in my teens and early twenties. I was 24 when I married. During these dates I would put my arm around my date, kiss her and cuddle and all that stuff. I never forced myself on any girl but from what I have been reading I was guilty because it was MY car and she was afraid and under pressure that I WOULD not take her home .... or whatever. One Hollywood star I read about said she was FORCED to preform sexual acts. How was she forced? She was afraid she would not get the part. Yes, that is correct.

So this is why I am afraid EVERYONE is in trouble and no one is immune. Even me. Yes, and you too.

I won't even get into my 50 years of working along side and with women.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The corporate world has had to take this very seriously, and it has dramatically changed the culture. But I just don't see how we can change how young people act - especially with respect sex and drugs. Young people act recklessly. Throw tens of thousands of young people together on campuses and you cannot avoid this stuff. You really can't.

Now you have the "adults" running the show on these campuses. The coaches, professors and administrators. In some cases they are clearly part of the problem - looking at Baylor as an example. But in most cases, those people are really there to help those young people. Dantonio said yesterday that every single case that he was made aware of was escalated appropriately, and that the Title IX team at MSU was brought into the loop. If this is true then he has no reason to step down. Unless we really believe that he encouraged this behavior in some way, and do we really believe that?

The people who commit these acts need to be held responsible. We don't need to start blaming the adults trying to help them without real evidence that they were complicit in some way. Real evidence.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
NCAA will never have jurisdiction to punish for this stuff because every school fears they will be caught up in it at some point. So long as we have a culture that kinda creates this pressure cooker of circumstances for college students regarding alcohol, sex, and personal choice, universities regardless of stature will have problems with sexual assault on campus and be paralyzed by parsing truth out of he-said-she-said scenarios.

We ain't fixing this college sexual assault problem without fixing how we educate our boys and girls before they ever get to be young men and women. So long as we have a prohibition-based culture on sex and alcohol, we are doomed to send our kids off to college ill-equipped to come to grips with these things before they have to make choices on their own. For the most part, as a society we have failed our children on this sexual assault stuff by a host of "degrees removed" things before we hand them off to universities who are having to navigate the mess while trying to keep the institution on the rails.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Before this is through I doubt there will be any school left with the current coaching staff. If anyone thinks Alabama or Stanford or Northwestern is immune you better hold on tight. Sure, some of these charges are exaggerated and some are just wanting attention but many of these have to have merit. This stuff has been going on for years and years and years. I mean, even Vandy with the brightest and best had this problem. It is going to get ugly.

Hearing all these Hollywood/sport/political it occurred to me that I was a harasser and a molester when I was in my teens and early twenties. I was 24 when I married. During these dates I would put my arm around my date, kiss her and cuddle and all that stuff. I never forced myself on any girl but from what I have been reading I was guilty because it was MY car and she was afraid and under pressure that I WOULD not take her home .... or whatever. One Hollywood star I read about said she was FORCED to preform sexual acts. How was she forced? She was afraid she would not get the part. Yes, that is correct.

So this is why I am afraid EVERYONE is in trouble and no one is immune. Even me. Yes, and you too.

I won't even get into my 50 years of working along side and with women.
Well said. Right now, what I see is an attack on men everywhere. Liberal news outlets like ESPN only add fuel to the fire. Larry Nassar is a pervert and he got what he deserved as did Harvey Weinstein. But let's not kid ourselves. Every straight man has probably crossed the line, especially as a young person. I remember doing some risque things at bars when I was at Alabama. Nothing like rape of course but when you have thousands of young people away from their parents, alcohol and freedom things happen. As a guy, I'm scared to look or talk to a woman in a way that could be misinterpreted.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.