OU @ Bama

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Today's issue with letting the lead shrink was from poor lineup (no Sexton, Petty or Ingram) and the ticky-tack fouls early in the second half.

Can't go with Sexton, Ingram and Petty all on the bench. Need at least one of them out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw that too, was frustrating, then I realized who was on the floor and looked like we were buying time

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
We play like that the rest of the season and we're a top 4 team nationally.

Don't need anymore head scratchers like ole miss, etc.
We didn’t play great by any means, big ups
and downs, but I have to think that sec needs to recognize that games officiated like that game are an embarrassment to the league...when we got frustrated in the second half the guys didn’t/couldn’t play through it

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Crowd was great...had the top 3 recruits in the state visiting. Been a long time since ive seen that atmosphere at coleman..we are on schedule and it will continue to get better
Did someone $fund$ the purchase of WHITE "Script A" T-Shirts for students/fans? That looked great.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good game for the good guys against a quality squad that should make it to the big dance. Shows again the potential of this team. I still believe our best basketball as a team is still ahead of us which is a plus.

GOOD: CAJ's coaching job, Herb Jones and Donta Hall. The intensity on defense.
BAD: Still dealing with unnecessary turnovers
UGLY: free-throw shooting

I gotta say it though, Young is a beast. He should have a very good NBA career.

All that said and done ROLL TIDE!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This team is very interesting, we hang with ranked teams any time we want to, but lose to some teams we should win against?
That called being young...and we are extremely young. Extremely talented and extremely young!

I'm telling you, Herbert Jones plays just like Latrell Sprewell if any of you are old enough to remember Spree at the Capstone.

I love Herb Jones. I remember Sprewell, but don't think he's a good comparison to Jones:

1. Sprewell had an absolutely great shot. It got even better in the NBA, but he could stroke it. If Herb Jones shot the ball like Sprewell did at Bama, he'd be a lottery pick this year.

2. Herb Jones is more versatile than Sprewell IMO. Jones is taller than longer than Sprewell and he's a matchup nightmare. He can play point guard, which I'd like to see more of him doing at Bama, with the pick and roll game with Hall, but he also can guard a point guard with his longness and quickness OR he can guard a 3 guard/forward. The only thing his game is missing is a better outside shot and a little more strength in the upper body.

Guy he reminds me of little more is Robert Horry...with not as good of shooting touch but better athlete.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Sprewell was a JUCO so he was already a junior when he got to Bama.

I think Jones may have as good of an outside shot as anyone on the team but he just doesn't take it often enough. Coach mentioned the other day that Jones has gotten taller since he arrived and may still be growing.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Third win over a top ten RPI team. The other two being Auburn and Rhode Island.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.