New Daniel Moore Painting

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
He did one for the UGA Blackout game in '08 and I predicted he would do a similar painting which was JPW throwing the pass on 1/2 of the canvas and Julio catching it on the other half on the TD right before half. He did in a way but added onto it. Not bad but not great IMO.
I'm not crazy about the way he split up the pass like this. He's also trying to put too much onto the canvas, and it feels cramped. I would have preferred to see him focus more on the moment of the TD pass to win. The way he handled the crazy Andrew Zow TD pass against Auburn in 2001 would have worked well for this one. That painting had the perspective of the WR running toward the viewer with Zow in the background, and the viewer could see Zow falling backward as he made the throw.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Looks like this a picture of multiple plays not just the winning play. If you notice Smith already has the ball in his hands so the ball Tua is throwing is a different play.
I think you’re missing the point. It’s a few plays but the touchdown is two parts of the same play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not a fan of the layout of this drawing. That "style" seems to have become a bit cookie cutter for me. Center the painting with the defensive unit stuffing the opposing RB or QB. Then have the players that had big impacts/big plays in the game around it. No originality.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just like stuff that is more of a artistic rendition of a play without all this collage of scenery stuff interspersed across the canvas. Saban doesn't need to be on there...this is about the players. Make another print for the jubilation after the play that has some of the famous scenery in a collage (Crazy Tony Making Confetti Angels YES WE CAN!). Just do booth view of the throw in the air with Smitty wide open...everyone who owns that print will know what it means.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
The first one I'd get would be "Goal Line Stand," then I'd pick one from the Saban era.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Maybe he will do another work of this game that is more in line with this one. He did several for the 2015 national title.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I would be surprised if Moore didn’t do another one with just the last play. The Drake kickoff return posted above was also included in the 2015 championship collage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.