New Daniel Moore Painting

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
That's remarkably bad.
Why can't anyone represent coach in a more resembling fashion between this picture and the statute no one seems able to capture a true resemblance of coach? This moment was probably the most excited coach has ever been after a game yet he still seems to be portrayed with the "get off my lawn" look.

I think DM's older stuff is much better than what he has lately and don't think this one is particularly good either. Hopefully he is guaging fan response before going into production with this.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I could have done that...
But everyone would have looked like the same 'Stickman'.

I think Daniel Moore paintings are getting better each year.
VERY IMPRESSED.

Last edited:

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
As others have mentioned, he may release another version of this print showing just the Tua and Smith part. I personally like this version, but as others have said, it is a bit busy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I truly hope so. This collage approach is an assault on the eyeballs. Not because he's a hack artist but simply because there is too much going on...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There's just too much going in the picture. Everyone who watched the game witnessed a play that we'll be seeing replayed over and over for the next 30 years. It was one of those iconic, "Doug Flutie" type plays, that seems to be lost in this picture.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I truly hope so. This collage approach is an assault on the eyeballs. Not because he's a hack artist but simply because there is too much going on...
He almost always does a collage and an individual shot for championships. The only exceptions were 2009 (because he did 3 + the Bama championship that year) and the 2012 season.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

I only have one but I’m still a fan of the single scene. I can see why it would just be too much to draw ALL of the key plays. Just my preference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I at one time or other have owned all of them. Still have about 15 (maybe more) of them. To this day I regret selling all the earlier most valuable ones. Art value is in the eye of the beholder. They look great in my man cave.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't like it. Would have rather just have the last play with Tua throwing and the other half Smith catching it. I'm just not a fan of collages like this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.