New Daniel Moore Painting

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
My first was The Catch. It brings back memories of watching that game on a Saturday night with my son, who was supposed to be in bed, according to his mom's rules. And how I got caught letting him stay up when we yelled happily at that play.

As for this one, I would not buy it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Saw a interview with Daniel Moore talking about the sketch. He said photo has a hidden tip of the cap to Saban for winning #6. He said most won’t notice it. I spent about 30 minutes and don’t see it. Anyone see it??

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Saw a interview with Daniel Moore talking about the sketch. He said photo has a hidden tip of the cap to Saban for winning #6. He said most won’t notice it. I spent about 30 minutes and don’t see it. Anyone see it??
Well, you have the words national championship in the background and directly in the middle behind Sabans head, then you have Smith directly to the right of that.(Sabans left) and he wears number 6... I'm just throwing it together.....could be wrong but I don't see anything hidden into the sketching yet. But the words national championship are perfectly centered behind Saban....and it rolls right into number 6 :)

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Arms up in the air...TD 6 points!!! RTR!!!
Well, you have the words national championship in the background and directly in the middle behind Sabans head, then you have Smith directly to the right of that.(Sabans left) and he wears number 6... I'm just throwing it together.....could be wrong but I don't see anything hidden into the sketching yet. But the words national championship are perfectly centered behind Saban....and it rolls right into number 6 :)

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Yes the key was what Daniel Moore said about seeing it. look in the upper left of the drawing and its Coach Bryant eye.

Go4Two1966

Jan 14, 2018
I like it too, as all of his work, but I thought it would emphasize the catch even more, but of course it was a game win. RTR

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I at one time or other have owned all of them. Still have about 15 (maybe more) of them. To this day I regret selling all the earlier most valuable ones. Art value is in the eye of the beholder. They look great in my man cave.
I have 38 of his prints (all Alabama Football prints) and I ordered this one. Six of the prints are the Iron Bowl Gold prints which are a little smaller than his larger prints. I don't have the Goal Line Stand print. That's the only print I wish I had but don't. I was 12 or 13 when that one was released. I just can't justify buying this one on the secondary market due to the $$$ it costs. My favorites are The Coach and 315, The Kick, The Sack and Run In The Mud which are all older prints. Like you I have mine in my man cave and downstairs office and as you said they look great.

I have met Mr. Moore a couple of times most recently in his studio in Hoover in February 2016 when I was picking the Derrick Henry print from the 2015 Alabama - Georgia game. Mr. Moore was very gracious, very nice. He spoke with my wife and I for about 15 minutes. He asked me which where my favorite prints and why. I hope he keeps cranking them out.

Last edited:

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
me, too

The next painting needs to have Tua on the left at the end of his release, and Smith on the right with his hands outstretched with the ball about to land in them.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tua Tagovailoa will be doing a handoff to Devonta Smith in the next one considering Moore's artistic liberties of late.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
How can anyone criticize DM for not including Jalen in the championship print? He played little role in the game/outcome. Now, don't get me wrong, Jalen did play a huge role in us getting to the ultimate game with his play throughout the season, but this painting is obviously of the championship game, where Jalen played the first half and had 40 rushing yards and 3-of-8 passing for 21 yards.

I suppose it's part of the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset these days.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
How can anyone criticize DM for not including Jalen in the championship print? He played little role in the game/outcome. Now, don't get me wrong, Jalen did play a huge role in us getting to the ultimate game with his play throughout the season, but this painting is obviously of the championship game, where Jalen played the first half and had 40 rushing yards and 3-of-8 passing for 21 yards.

I suppose it's part of the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset these days.
I agree, it would be hard to find a particular play in this game that would warrant an artists painting. However, regular season or Clemson with Jalen? Sure..but .I think DM logic on this one is pretty sound and fair

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I see the work as about that one play. Just like the goal line stand play with Penn St. Jalen wasn't in the play.
The title says that.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If it is about one play then why does it have a scrum of defenders and a deity-sized saban in it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.