New Daniel Moore Painting

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I see the work as about that one play. Just like the goal line stand play with Penn St. Jalen wasn't in the play.
The title says that.

If it is about one play then why does it have a scrum of defenders and a deity-sized saban in it?
While the final play will go down in Alabama history as one of the biggest, we're never in that position without two factors:
1. Our coach had the "guts" to put a true freshman in at halftime.
2. Our defense stood tall in the second half when Georgia had run almost 50 plays in the first half. Our guys never packed it in and still managed to make stops when we had to absolutely have them.

That's why I believe the championship print included those additional elements. Also, it's a tip-of-the cap to Coach Saban for all he has accomplished and tying Coach Bryant with six championships.

Just my .02.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I guess my point is that the sketch is clearly not about the play but the team. The rendition of the play the sketch is named after is on the peripheral of the canvas. In my opinion, the "Deity-Sized Saban" and the defensive scrum around Chubb is what the eye is drawn to first in the center of the arrangement. I'm not saying Hurts should be in the sketch but it is disingenuous to name this work after the play. I also just don't like the Saban part of this sketch either. Sure, Coach had some guts to make the call but the reason we're celebrating a championship with new art is because of the players. Lets save the Saban stuff for when this era is over...I want to remember the players if I buy this stuff for the most part.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder how many of y’all actually buy DM paintings during the CNS era. If y’all did then y’all would know that he has done collages for all of the NCs except for the 2012 game. It’s his style.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The Drake TD against Clemson and Tua to Smith play this year are two of the biggest and clutchest TD's and we only have a painting of Drake's play. I agree that Tua to Smith is the biggest play in our history and yet we don't have a painting of it? I've just never cared for collages including Moore collages.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The defense allowed the play by stopping the Dawgs to a field goal. Saban because coach who made the play possible.
Why not just a team picture then? If the offensive line didn't block then Tua never throws that ball. If it wasn't for Papa John missing that FG, Tua never gets that chance either so I guess he deserves to be on there too?

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Don't like the composition. I'll save my money for another day.
There you go, right there! That's everyone's choice...if you don't like it, don't buy it. Problem solved. Or contract Mr. Moore to do one specifically to your liking. See how easy that is. Now, let's talk about where Bama finishes up on February 7th. ROLL TIDE!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I have two-
1) “The Sack” with Cornelius Bennett
2) “The Catch” with Prothro.

Both were gifts. I have a couple Greg Gamble Bama pairings. I prefer his work over Daniel Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
I have the full sized framed Daniel Moore Johnny Musso 1971 Iron Bowl Gold print. I also have 15 other framed prints of his in the small affordable form.

I think his best work was "The Sack" with Cornelius Bennett.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.