2018 National Championship Game was exact reverse of Saban’s first loss at Alabama

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
one of my favorite moments from 2008
JPW. Will always have a place in my personal Bama hall of fame as one of the toughest QBs I ever saw at Bama. To this day, I think hes under appreciated for his style of play and ability. The TD pass to Caddell vs Arkansas is one of my favorite plays and it was a hell of a drive

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wilson had a tough career for appreciation. He was asked to be a gunslinger on teams that couldn't really run the ball his first two years then had a team with no experience at WR but a great running game in his final year. He had that Georgia game in 2008 but really most of the other "big" games we played in his tenure tended to end with him getting scraped off the ground in the fourth quarter. I seem to remember that he wasn't really an elite prospect coming out of high school but we were lucky to have him if for no other reason than his toughness. The pass protection he got for most of his time at Alabama would've result in season-ending injuries and probably ending up with the 3rd stringer by November if not for his toughness.
Yah, he was a Rivals 3*, but goodness, that man was tough as nails. I'll always remember him fondly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Followed by McElroy who was a 2-star or low 3-star from what I remember too! Sometimes you lose sight on just how much talent we bring in even on a "down year" in recruiting.

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017
That 07 GA game was my first ever at BDS, and my oldest daughter's first Bama game. I was also in Atrial Fibrillation for the entire game! It was a disappointing and interesting experience to say the least.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
That 2007 games was so exciting. The stadium was rocking. It was such a letdown the way that the game ended. So thankful for the 2018 one... RTR!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My senior year was during the 2007 season. I think we legitimately win the SEC West and rematch UGA in the SECCG if we didn't have the textbook stupidity. Had LSU beat but OL deficiencies due to suspensions cost us that game late. I think losing out on that game fractured the locker room between young guys who were in it for the long haul with Saban and seniors who didn't want to bother working after the SEC title goals were lost. That was not a great team but they were generally well coached and competed hard until the LSU loss late.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.