95 killed in Afghanistan today

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
http://start.att.net/news/read/arti..._explosion_rocks_afghan_capi-ap/category/news
It's usually a lot slower in the winter in Afghanistan than it has been lately. I'm unsure if it's because the U.S. troops having very little presence there now which allows for a softer target, or if something has recently motivates these attacks. The president is asking that we rethink our time based pull out and be more focused on results than time.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Cockroaches......need to be exterminated.......:mad:
While I hate that people just kill large amounts of people in such a cowardly way for No good reason, I am not sure there is a way to combat it. We tried for 16 years. The war started 3 presidencies ago. I do not think our presence over there will help and I do not think you can exterminate a thought process.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Never should have been there to begin with. We didn't learn a thing from the Soviet occupation like we didn't learn a thing from the French occupation in Vietnam.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
While I hate that people just kill large amounts of people in such a cowardly way for No good reason, I am not sure there is a way to combat it. We tried for 16 years. The war started 3 presidencies ago. I do not think our presence over there will help and I do not think you can exterminate a thought process.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I thought I might add this little tidbit from the Obama years.

Ambassador Eikenberry's Cables on U.S. Strategy in Afghanistan
From the cable:
President Karzai is not an adequate strategic partner. The proposed counterinsurgency strategy assumes an Afghan political leadership that is both able to take responsibility and to exert sovereignty in the furtherance of our goal, a secure, peaceful, minimally self-sufficient Afghanistan hardened against transnational terrorist groups. Yet Karzai continues to shun responsibility for any sovereign burden, whether defense, governance or development. He and much of his circle do not want the U.S. to leave and are only too happy to see us invest further. They assume we covet their territory for a never-ending war on terror and for military bases to use against surrounding powers. With his re-election, Karzai will remain Afghanistan's dominant political actor. We hope we can move him toward taking firm control of his counter and guiding its future. But sending more combat forces will only strengthen his misconceptions about why we are here.
What I garner from this cable is that there is no empirical evidence that can force the regime in Washington to the realization that any additional blood or treasure spent in Afghanistan is blood and treasure wasted. Why on earth should Americans care more about Afghan freedom and security more than Afghans themselves?

This is truly "Charlie Wilson's War." When outsiders try to remain inside a medieval society bent on remaining medieval.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.