Davonta Smith - Catch

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Just rewatching the "catch" and I started thinking "this young man may never have a catch this big again"! Well lets hope this is just the first of many big catches!

RTR!!!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Obviously a huge play, but if he hadn't made the catch at the end of the MSU game, he probably doesn't get the chance to make this one...

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
Almost impossible to top a walk off TD catch in OT to come from behind to win the NC. I'm sure he'll have many more big catches but hard to top the biggest single play in Alabama football history (my opinion). I'm still amazed at the throw and the catch.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
He may not top it, but he demonstrated exactly what he's capable of and showed that he's a dependable weapon in the future. He may have the best hands on the team and that's coming directly from players on the team. Like Tua, that game will only help launch the rest of his career going forward .

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Great catch. But how could he have not caught it? Tua put it right in his hands. He never broke his stride. One thing he did really well, was get up ahead of his defender. He made a smooth move at the LOS.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Two game winning catches this year. Keep it up and he's going to be a 1st round pick in two years.
He also caught the "whirling-dervish" ball from Tua in the Vandy game. 2 super important plays in 8 catches and one more for the highlight reel.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
And not only that , but realizing you can win your team a national championship? A lot if guys hands could go cold and clammy right about then
Thats what I'm talking about. The pressure, the tension, etc. It could drive you crazy. So many things worked right this play:
- Great snap
- O Line blocked their butts off
- Receivers all hustled down the field
- Tua delivered a perfect ball
- Smith caught it

I'm sure I've missed a few things but this was 11 man ball at its best! Exemplifies Saban's "Do your Job" mantra!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Interviews say differently, but it all sounds good after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Yeah, who knows? I just know you can plainly see him running one speed initially, then when he looks back and sees the ball. He shifts gears very quickly and begins running at a faster pace. But either way the outcome is still the same. He caught the ball and we went home CHAMPIONS!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.