Alabama Lands Temple Grad Transfer Kicker Austin Jones

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
And honestly, Foster is really the low point but he was a helluva kickoff guy and did well in coverage. Griffith, we're pretty sure at this juncture, was mostly playing through injury problems most of his career. I had heard rumors back in early 2016 that we lost out on Florida's Pineiro, who is a top flight kicker, due to Griffith deciding to not "retire from football" after 2015.
Foster was 10-12 entering the AU game.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Foster was a guy who could have used a ST coach like Banks. I believe his mechanics got worse the longer he stayed at Bama. I don't know how he didn't stay hurt all the time with his poor mechanics.
I believe the added bulk over his career hindered his mechanics. He didn't look nearly as limber his senior year as he did earlier in his career.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I believe the added bulk over his career hindered his mechanics. He didn't look nearly as limber his senior year as he did earlier in his career.
This is certainly possible, but he already looked like a LB when he arrived at Alabama.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This is certainly possible, but he already looked like a LB when he arrived at Alabama.
Yes, he did. I remember him making a tackle in kick coverage and jumping up and showing his guns. The announcers even made the comment that “even Alabama’s kickers have big muscles”

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Granted it was before CNS, but the Jamie Christensen kick to win the 2006 Cotton Bowl is about the summation of our kicking game- even when it's good, it's still ugly.
I was at that game. I was already sitting down ready to wait on the overtime after he hit it. Couldn’t believe it made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
This means nothing without the headers.
Well, I thought folks could figure it out, but if not...

Year School Conference Player Year Position XP made XP attempted XP percentage FG made FG attemtped FG percentage Total Points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.