Question for Bama fans
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0
    BamaNation Third Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

Question for Bama fans

Especially for those of you who, like me, have been life-long Bama fans....born into died-in-the-wool Crimson Tide families with solid allegiance to the Capstone. Do any of you have any other college teams/programs that you follow closely and take a real interest in besides Alabama? If so, what are they and is there a reason for it?

I became a fan of Vanderbilt back in the early/mid 70's when Steve Sloan began coaching there. They quickly became my 2nd favorite team, and remained so over the years. Some of the reason may also be a bit like the reason so many are fans of the Chicago Cubs throughout the past several decades, due to their perennial underdog status. The service academies, especially Army, are also favorites. The sparsity of games against Alabama between these schools is probably another factor in their maintaining a favored status. To a lesser degree, I have always had a favorite or two in each conference that I would prefer to see win over others in that conference. What say you?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Ledsteplin's Avatar

Re: Question for Bama fans

The University of North Alabama Lions. I grew up in Florence, attending many games. It's my Alma Mater.
    I have a mild soft spot for those Ramblin' Wrecks over in Georgia. My cousin played for them back in the 60s.

BamaNation Third Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    The University of North Alabama Lions. I grew up in Florence, attending many games. It's my Alma Mater.
    I have a mild soft spot for those Ramblin' Wrecks over in Georgia. My cousin played for them back in the 60s.
    Thanks for that reply. It's always interesting to me to know where and why others share their fan support. In a side note, if I listed the teams that give me a chuckle when they lose, Tech would be right behind awbarn. The animosity of their fans against Alabama in the 60's has never set well with me, and I guess it never will.

BamaNation Third Team

Like most Alabama fans, I always liked Penn State and pulled for them unless of course they were playing us. I was heartbroken about how Joe's career ended. I am anxious, not eager but anxious, to see what that mini-series on Paterno, played by Pacino, is going to look like. I still pull for Penn State. We have a great relationship with them; and they have the second-best uniforms in the game IMO.