A Week Away From NSD: How do we stand on 1/31?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read a month ago that Sewell was most likely going west and not east. I would not be surprised if he went to Oregon. Geez, we sure are losing a lot of our targets to ex-CNS staff these days.

rtr
It`s aggravating, but these guys are good to start with plus they learned from the best. This whole issue of former assistants ending up on the other side as competitors is the flip side of the CNS/Alabama success coin. I`d much rather be fretting over this than the alternative!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Christobal, Fisher, Pruitt, and Smart. They are causing a ruckus with our recruiting class this year.

rtr

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Makes sense for former Saban assistants to do well with some of Alabama's targets. Remember, recruiting comes down to relationships, so coaches start recruiting players when they're in the ninth and tenth grade.

It stinks, but that's the way it is.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
hopefully we have most coaches stay for several years so we don't have to deal with this on a yearly basis. rtr
When you look at the current staff It's a little different. I see an OC and a DC and I see a coach for each position that looks like he might be able to step in to replace one if they left. Neither coordinator looks to be a candidate for a head position until they have proven themselves and I would assume that will take 2 to 3 years. Sure some low level job might come after them after a year but I assume these guys are not morons and realize that if they prove themselves in a few years a good power 5 program may come calling.

Bottom line is that this staff is built to recruit and it looks like the core could potentially stay together for a few years. 2019 will be a big year for them because this class we sign Wednesday will not be up to our usual standard. This class fills needs and Alabama is loaded already but next season they need to sign at least 5 Five Star players to maintain the level of talent we have enjoyed. They are certainly capable of doing that. I expect them to do that, but if they don't do that some will being to say the end is near. Probably not in fact but in the recruiting world perception can easily manifest to reality.

I do however expect 2019 to be a bounce back. Too many new coaches have been able to sell themselves as the next big thing. By this time next season the shine will have been beaten off many of those coaches and if Saban can somehow rebuild the secondary I see Bama near the top again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.