A Week Away From NSD: How do we stand on 1/31?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
What seemed like a calm year has suddenly turned into a chaotic one the last two weeks. As always, things change quickly. I've seen information change in less than an hour this week from the same source.

Grey/blue shirt:
Michael Parker

Current Commits:
Quay Walker- may or may not visit UGA this week. With Quay, you just never know. Some think UT is our biggest threat. Honestly, we are 33% at best right now.
Vernon Jackson- in state pressure to go to UT or aTm is very, very high. Burns saw him yesterday, but I feel he flips. Less than 25%.
Bobby Brown- visiting aTm this weekend. The staff did not want him to take that visit. Which may explain the Moro Ojomo offer. It's a toss up- 50%.

Targets:
Justyn Ross- We feel good here, 75%
Jaylen Waddle- Many think we took the lead after his official. 60%
Copeland- staff is still actively recruiting but when pruitt left, it hurt us. 33%
Petit-Frere- don't think we get him, unless the people around him are building a smoke screen. 20%
Sewell- we've thought he was in the bag for a while, so the information of a head/heart decision may be a smoke screen. Have felt great about this one for a while.
Julius Irvin- unless something changed late last night, he's going to Washington.
O. Griffin- We impressed him enough to make him think about leaving the west coast, but I don't think he does. 20%
Surtain- I think we steal him, 51%
Campbell- we made this closer than I ever thought, but I still think he's a Dawg. 30%
ITS- pancakes sold him, 80%
Smith- tough one to read here, wouldn't surprise me if he went to any of the three finalists, but we are at worst a close second. 45%
Jalyn Moody- this one could go into the weekend, depending on what we feel on Quay. With that said, if he's given the green light, he'll be in this class.
Langham- I hate that he's going to AU this weekend, but we held a large lead going into the visit. 60%, but dropping.
Leon O'Neal- offered late and decided make us his last visit. The recruitnik's say that whoever talks to him last could be who he commits to. Very impressionable. I think this is a if we have extra room offer. 30%
Brevin White- we could know something as early as today on White. Truly a crazy decision that I do not know of another case ever like this. Family likes the idea of playing ball at Bama. 51%.
Ojomo- backup offer, but I think he's set on Texas anyway. 10%

Last edited:

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Re: Who Do We Finish With?

Coaching Golding came back to Conway last night for the boys basketball game and offered Senior LB JAYLEN MOODY and Sophomore DL Tonka Hemingway.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Re: Who Do We Finish With?

Adding Waddle and Ross to the receiving group is sick. That group will be unbelievable. Hopefully we finish strong.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I have to agree that this has been fun but I think more so due to the staff turnover. This late in the game I'll say that the coaching changes hurt us pretty badly and we lost some star power on the O-line and D-backfield because of it. Next year and going forward though -WOW!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Any chance a graduate transfer could join the team this year ? Like a Richard Mullaney or Gherig Dieter ? Just a stop gap player.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
So, RTO, if you were predicting who we finish with -- can you make us a list?
I dont know that I am confident enough. LOL. Let me marinate on it some more.

Any chance a graduate transfer could join the team this year ? Like a Richard Mullaney or Gherig Dieter ? Just a stop gap player.
Have not heard of any mentioned or rumored. Just the kicker we got to walk on.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
It's incredible that even if we don't close with the recruits we really want and finish with a ranking of 5+/-. that is considered a down year. Our down year is better than 90% of other programs' best years. :cool:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
So, RTO, if you were predicting who we finish with -- can you make us a list?
Based on RTO's observations, how about:

Justyn Ross
Jaylen Waddle
Sewell
Surtain
ITS
Smith
Jalyn Moody
Langham

Wildcards that will trump one or two of the above:

Quay Walker
Bobby Brown

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
So when Jones comes in could we add another grad transfer? Isn't there a rule you can have one every two years or something like that? Since Jones is walking on does it count against us?

I ask because I have felt all along that a grad transfer qb might be exactly what we need to get us to 2019 when we will probably sign two qb's.

rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Based on RTO's observations, how about:

Justyn Ross
Jaylen Waddle
Sewell
Surtain
ITS
Smith
Jalyn Moody
Langham

Wildcards that will trump one or two of the above:

Quay Walker
Bobby Brown
Brown sticks IMO. I would be surprised if a QB is not in this class. Hoping White changes his mind. I agree with the others on your list (Smith may be the odd man out if we get Surtain and ITS).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So when Jones comes in could we add another grad transfer? Isn't there a rule you can have one every two years or something like that? Since Jones is walking on does it count against us?

I ask because I have felt all along that a grad transfer qb might be exactly what we need to get us to 2019 when we will probably sign two qb's.

rtr
I don't see a graduate transfer coming in to take over as the 3rd team QB. I don't know the answer to the grad transfer question.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Brown sticks IMO. I would be surprised if a QB is not in this class. Hoping White changes his mind. I agree with the others on your list (Smith may be the odd man out if we get Surtain and ITS).
So here is the conundrum. Below could be the true field and math excludes two of them. I mean, the ones in bold are must takes IMHO...

White
Brown
Ross
Waddle
Sewell
Surtain
ITS
Smith

Jalyn Moody
Langham

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Shoot, if I was a Danny Etling type guy and wanted to get into coaching I'd do it in a heartbeat. You have a chance to learn from a great staff, win a ring, get your Masters, and make some hellacious good connections in the coaching world. What's not to like?

rtr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.