TE Major Tennison Arrested Wednesday Morning

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama tight end Major Tennison was arrested Tuesday on a charge of second-degree possession of marijuana — a Class A misdemeanor — according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What's second-degree possession? Possessing with a lack of intent?
1st Degree means you had intent to possess?
According to the Code of Alabama:
Section 13A-12-213

Unlawful possession of marihuana in the first degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of marihuana in the first degree if, except as otherwise authorized:
(1) He or she possesses marihuana for other than personal use; or
(2) He or she possesses marihuana for his or her personal use only after having been previously convicted of unlawful possession of marihuana in the second degree or unlawful possession of marihuana for his or her personal use only.
(b) Unlawful possession of marihuana in the first degree pursuant to subdivision (1) of subsection (a) is a Class C felony.
(c) Unlawful possession of marihuana in the first degree pursuant to subdivision (2) of subsection (a) is a Class D felony.
(Acts 1987, No. 87-603, p. 1047, §4; Act 2015-185, §2.)
Section 13A-12-214

Unlawful possession of marihuana in the second degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of marihuana in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized, he possesses marihuana for his personal use only.
(b) Unlawful possession of marihuana in the second degree is a Class A misdemeanor.
(Acts 1987, No. 87-603, p. 1047, §5.)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So, for all you supporters and partakers of marijuana, what is so flipping hard about buying groceries before you smoke, locking your doors at home and staying there while you do it?

I couldn't read the article (not going to register and all that crap) so if this wasn't how Tennison was caught, please just view this as a question in general due to most guys getting caught this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So, for all you supporters and partakers of marijuana, what is so flipping hard about buying groceries before you smoke, locking your doors at home and staying there while you do it?

I couldn't read the article (not going to register and all that crap) so if this wasn't how Tennison was caught, please just view this as a question in general due to most guys getting caught this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea. How people still get in trouble with this is pretty impressive honestly.

According to the Code of Alabama:
Yea, I'm pretty sure it is partially based on how much pot he had on him. They basically assume you are going to distribute once you have a certain amount.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've got a novel idea. How about if something is against the law people just not doing it!
Agreed, that is the simplest solution. With that said, I'd support legalizing marijuana possession. Lets focus on the murderers and rapists not the stoners and tokers.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Not at all an expert here but it has always seemed odd to me that football (both NFL and college) were/are so strongly against Marijuana. Its not a performance enhancer and allegedly really helps some players deal with the pain and injuries. Regardless of its legality its just always seemed off that this is a major issue in sports.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Bad time of the year. Football season is over. Lots of players stray off the Reservation...
I'm not gonna use the Boys Will Be Boys Defense.
Running around with dope, or running around drunk is something lots of college boys do...
BUT...
Our football players are under the microscope from the time they set foot on our campus, until they die. (Hopefully of old age)
Possession of MJ will quickly land a player in Coach Saban's 'Dog House'.
Infractions this time of year, allow other players to maybe move up ahead of the player in our coaches eyes. AND... Everyone's eyes will be on that player from this day forward.
Actions have consequences...

To quote my ole Dad (RIP)
'Son, if your gonna be stupid, you better be tough'.

Tennison will get a second chance, because Coach Saban believes in Second chances...
BUT... Major Tennison better not blow the second chance.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I kind of feel the same way about going out drinking, yet that's a really popular activity. It's still pretty unwise though, you pay more, to put yourself in a situation where you are impaired in public, could possibly end up breaking any number of laws, put yourself in harms way, etc... but that's the idea of fun for a lot of people. Same thing here, it isn't wise but a heck of a lot of people do it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.