Speech recognition systems seduced by masked messages

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The altered audio may be perceptible to a listener, but it's doubtful the added sound would be recognized as anything other than distortion.

"You mistake some of these signals as defects in the media," said Gunter, allowing that some songs masked the command better than others. "Some of the examples, they would make you grimace. Others are more subtle."

The researchers tested a variety of in-song commands delivered directly to Kaldi as audio recordings, such as: "Okay Google, read mail" and "Echo, open the front door." The success rate of these was 100 per cent.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/30/boffins_songs_ai_assistants/

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm tech savvy enough to be a luddite at home...
I'm wary of these devices, but then I think about all the xbox connects, smartphones, computers, Amazon Fire, and other devices - some I have, some I don't - that could be used in any number of different ways from setting someone up for legal trouble to spying for whatever purpose. Those dystopian novels seem to be coming to life at times.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm wary of these devices, but then I think about all the xbox connects, smartphones, computers, Amazon Fire, and other devices - some I have, some I don't - that could be used in any number of different ways from setting someone up for legal trouble to spying for whatever purpose. Those dystopian novels seem to be coming to life at times.
Samsung says "hello."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.