Laptop Recommendations?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Well, thanks in part to MS continually trying to update my 5 year old laptop it's fan finally gave out (it kept hanging trying to update to new updated version of Windows). So now I have to replace it. Settled on the Asus N705 EH76. Enough fire power for just about anything, 17" screen, aluminum body, and only about 4 1/2 lbs. I should be able to do some light gaming without looking like I borrowed my teenager's laptop. I wanted to wait until later this year, but oh well...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's hard to make a good laptop with good components. Sometimes you get good components in there but they screw up the heat profile a little bit and it dies quickly. I'll stand by Macbooks any day of the week. I had one from August 2007 - August 2012 then this one from August 2012 - present. You pretty much have to spend good money to get laptops - Windows OEM or Mac - that last like that doing the kind of workload somebody in my career path puts on them.
i got the new macbook about 9 months ago and love it. it is very compact and weighs in at 2 lbs which is nice for the amount of travel i do. i don't do any gaming, so i was able to get the lower powered version and save a few hundred bucks.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
i got the new macbook about 9 months ago and love it. it is very compact and weighs in at 2 lbs which is nice for the amount of travel i do. i don't do any gaming, so i was able to get the lower powered version and save a few hundred bucks.
I recently picked up an 11.5 inch MacBook Air refurbished from Apple. It was the last version they made of the Air. Looks and performs like new. You can save a ton of money by buying refurbished from Apple. Great size and not much heavier than my iPad.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I got an Eluktronics i7 from Newegg a couple years ago.
The brand was unknown to me, but upon doing some research, I discovered they had great reviews and were a US manufacturer, so I gave them a shot.
Large 4k display, large SSD, plays games smoothly, and I am thrilled with it except for one issue.
On the spacebar, presses get missed when using the edges of the key.
It isn't an issue in the games I play, but when typing out text, mysentencestendtolooklikethis unless I slow way down and it is infuriating.
I have replaced the keyboard with a new one, and it has the same issue.
I have considered making it my work computer where I would be using an external keyboard, and I'm not sure what I would get for couch gaming.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.