News Article: UCLA is looking for H/H opponent for 2020-2021.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
The great thing about our program is we can schedule a big-time opponent home-and-home and more than likely win. That's the fun part. These games were Ls prior to 2008.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Playing at Duke in 2010 was a BIG mistake. Caused the SC game to be the third road game in four weeks. How did that work out? Bama looked like they had been on the road for four weeks.

Caused the LSU game to be the fifth road game in seven games. How did that work out? Bama looked like they had been on the road for seven games.

Hindsight is 20-20 you say. True, but I foresaw the above as soon as the 2010 schedule was released and was calling for Duke to be bought out and a cupcake scheduled in Tuscaloosa to give the team a break from the road. None of you agreed with me then, and few, if any, will agree with me now. But facts are facts, and Bama lost the two games in which I feared they would struggle.
Playing Duke is why we lost those games? I thought it was because we faced a QB playing the best game of his life and a very good LSU team that year. We played well in both of those games and did not look tired. That QB could never play that well again in 100 tries. It is really hard to go undefeated with the way the SEC west was that year. The SEC had 6 teams in the top 25 and probably should have been 7 maybe 8. We dominated Duke and had more fans in the stand than they did. We could have had the starters out of that game to start the 2nd quarter. If you want to blame anything blame all of our SEC opponents having a "buy" week before they played us.

PS. I guess I would be remiss if I did not give Auburn credit for buying the best QB money could pay for at the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.