Jeopardy Contestants Couldn’t Answer a Single Question About Football

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
As a product of public education in the state of Alabama, I am embarrassed and shocked by this lack of knowledge. Isn't Football 101 still a 6th grade level class taken in Middle School in Alabama?

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Watching this the first time I was shocked. Then I showed a few coworkers who kinda like football but don't love it and the only answer they knew was the fair catch one. Still pretty brutal though

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
They didn't even try. I can understand not knowing the correct answer, but they didn't even try by throwing out a common term, player, or team.
Well, they didn't want to lose any money on a wild guess. That's understandable to me. The complete lack of knowledge about the most popular sport in the US is pretty amazing.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I might miss all of those too, if I had just finished missing all the questions on the rest of the board first. Personally, that would be my first category to pick, and likely the only one I would get any correct answers in.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well to be fair, the last one would be harder to get for younger people than the others. The only reason I knew it was because of NFL Films. Maybe they should dumb it down like they do celebrity jeopardy?
Not sure you could dumb it down any more than on most of the questions. I would say none of them had ever seen a game.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
My sister (tnelephantitis) and I try out for Jeopardy every year. We both agree that if we ever make it on the show, that would be a dream scenario. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
They were fairly simple except for the last one. Stinkin’ millennials!

‘Jeopardy!’ contestants could not answer a single football question and it was excruciating - SB Nation https://apple.news/A8GMR75x2TtyhsYnTJ5snkw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The questions were pretty basic. Being of a certain age, I also got the Purple People Eaters answer for $1,000. I didn't expect the current champion who is a dweeb's dweeb to know anything about football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.