When will we start seeing documentaries about Nick Saban

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
I watch as much sec network and ESPN as I can handle, which isn't much in nonfootball season, and have seen sec storied, 30 for 30, etc etc, on a bunch of different topics. However I haven't seen anything about CNS. When do you think we'll start seeing documentaries about one of, if not the, greatest coaches of all time? Will the networks wait until he retires?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
There was a 60 minutes segment a few years ago about Coach Saban and Alabama. There was also a Sports Century program some years ago about Coach Bryant. I would say we'll see more once Coach Saban retires.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
We have a legend in our midst and we should honor him in his prime. How many coach of the year awards has he won? Anyone know?
For some reason, the coach of the year seems to always be awarded based on a team doing better than expected in a given year. If you are expected to be in the top 2 every year, then you never get credit for accomplishing anything extraordinary. With all of the injuries, I think the entire coaching staff did an amazing job this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I hope they expand on "The Two Bills" that aired last night (I think). Haven't watched it yet but heard it was great and I think a Belichick and Saban 30 for 30 would be awesome.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
ESPN has done one on CPB. It’s a sportscentury one for the “junction boys” movie . Typically 30 for 30 does stuff that is either in the last 30 years or something unprecedented. The problem with a 30 for 30 on CPB is that they are going to have to explain a great deal of circumstances and rules that both prevented from winning and awarded him for national championships.

As for CNS I think they will make 2. The Roll Tide/War Eagle is technically a documentary about his early years, but... Anyways I think they will make one about his run and one about the Bama-Clemson matchups ( I have a feeling there will be more). But give it 8 to 10 years after he retires.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The ending has not been written yet. Do one now and you will leave out a lot of record breaking accomplishments. As soon as Coach says "The End" there will be a flurry of docs and possibly movies written about his amazing accomplishments.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.