Profitable State resources

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
So, a few months ago there was an article posted on tidefans about Alaska making enough money off of oil taxes that they were able to pay alot of people back all if their taxes paid into the state, plus a bonus check every year. Texas does not have the same bonus but their economy and citizens clearly benefit from the natural resource of oil. One non oil natural resource for Florida is it's climate and geography. They make tons of money each year because of their oceans and their natural warm weather. It has allowed Florida to get tons of taxes from tourism and lower the burden on its citizens. Looking at Alabama's natural resources all I could find was timber. Really it is not nearly as profitable as oil or tourism. So i was wandering if we have something near as profitable as oil or tourism that i am typing in the wrong words in Google to find. Perhaps some untapped resources that if we invested in could make us more like Florida or Texas.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Entertainment? On the politician front we've provided a lot of comedy for the rest of the country.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the state is making a fortune off of the university's athletic department. those funds can be split up among the citizens as yearly championship checks

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Entertainment? On the politician front we've provided a lot of comedy for the rest of the country.
The states surrounding Alabama should be paying them to keep up the good work - for the most part the shenanigans in AL have kept the rest of the South out of the headlines...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.