Eryk Anders to fight in UFC main event Saturday Night

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I will be rooting for Eryk. Going to the home of MMA in Brazil will be an incredible experience and hopefully he comes out with a W.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If he beats Machida he will have a great shot at a big time fight for sure in his next fight. He is still raw in a lot of ways but he has some punching power and is a good wrestler to boot.

Since Machida has had to stop the steroids he has sucked...

For those wondering it comes on at 9pm (Central) on Fox Sports 1. He won't fight until after 11pm (Central) just you know.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well, sadly Eryk lost tonight via split decision. He won on one judge's scorecard 48-47, and lost on the other two 49-46 and I think it was 48-47 too. I had it scored 3 rounds to 2 for Machida as well (48-47 Machida on my card). Anders landed a nasty knee in Round 3 that opened up Machida's forehead that hurt him pretty good, but for some reason Anders went timid from then on and it really cost him. This was his FIRST 5-round fight so he is still young "career wise" so he can only improve from here! Machida is over the hill, but him being in his hometown and the fact he has been overlooked for years now and he was bound to upset someone and sadly Anders was the one to get upset.

But I refuse to be mad tonight because he did well, but he has been better even in the Octagon before. He'll get there soon and with more experience he will only get deadlier and deadlier. His left hand along with his jiu jitsu and strength in the wrestling game and he will become nasty soon enough! RTR and go Eryk!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.