Recipe for an invite to the dance?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The TAMU game is getting easier. Duane Wilson is out for the season now with a knee injury. They kicked one player off the team yesterday while indefinitely suspending another.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If you look at the way the tournament works, an 8 or 9 seed gives you the best shot to go further in the tournament. Win the 1st game and you are matched against the likely 1 seed in your region in the 2nd game. Win that and you'll have a fairly winnable path to the final 4 before facing the tougher competition. That is what happened when we made an elite eight run if I remember correctly.

The order of finish is all important now. We are currently 5th with a RPI 0f 33. If we can maintain that position, we are in. There are 4 teams 1 game behind us so we need to beat LSU, Arky, and one more team among the 4 remaining games which are UK, Florida, T A&M, and Auburn. We have a very good chance of going 4-2 in the last 6 games. If so we are at 20 wins and we are will be dancing no matter what happens in the SEC tourney.
I'd rather be a 7 seed -- and get a 2 in the second round

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

This is why we will end up with a decent seed if we take care of business. If we can go 4-2 of the next few weeks and make a run in the sec tourney, we can get to a 6 easily. I honestly want no part of being a 5 lol. Bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I'd rather get them at their best --- so maybe we won't play with a letdown.
Yep, they need to come in with all their players healthy and the team highly ranked. We would then beat the tar out of them. If they come in with several players injured and the team not highly thought of we will lose big time.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
OK. We win at either Auburn or UK we are likely in the tourney and we'd be playing for seeding the rest of the season. If we can win out the rest of the regular season, I think we can get to possibly up to a 4 seed, maybe a 3. Every game left is winnable based on matchups, but we know we don't always play well on the road.

Anyone going to St Louis?
RTR

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I don't want to say anything about them that I'll regret after Saturday, so I'm not going to comment on Kentucky other than say Jeff Goodman probably isn't making Kentucky fans feel all warm and fuzzy.
I am beyond psyched. I scored tickets to Rupp this weekend so I'll get to cheer us on in person. Been a while since I've gotten too see the roundball squad live.

I do have mixed emotions though. I would love nothing more to see us win a game at Rupp. It's such a rare occurrence and that should shoot us up in the brackets being a tough road win. With that said, I'd like to make it out of Lexington alive, and I can imagine they are salty enough at 4 in a row. 5 in a row might put some people over the edge. Granted we've all got to die eventually, so Roll Tide!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
That's correct, current rpi is 32 , some sites list a current and projected rpi. Some of them have the projected rpi at 28 or 29. But we are currently at 32
It has some value, but the RPI is a VERY imperfect metric and thankfully the committee sees it that way. They’ve taken at large 70+ rpi’s and left 20+ or 30+ rpi’s at home. That’s the extreme, but it demonstrates the true value of the rpi.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.