How Do You Watch The Tide On TV? (Sling TV Was Awful This Year - Advice) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation Third Team Tider6972's Avatar

Re: How Do You Watch The Tide On TV? (Sling TV Was Awful This Year - Advice)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    This always confuses me when folks talk about cutting cable. I've read posts where people say they're saving over $200/month by cutting cable. What type of setup do people have where their cable bill alone is even close to $200? My non-discounted rate for Direct TV is $120 and that's with 3 TVs hooked up, HD, DVR, etc. I'm not saying CrimSonami is doing this but I think a lot of people exaggerate their savings to make them feel better about their choice or they didn't bother to check the market rate for cable..
    yep, lots of rationalizing.
    I have, over the years, tried every way known to man. Bottom line, one can't get good, consistent quality 'cutting the cord'. Have to settle for a ton of frustration, lost signal, and crappy unreliable picture quality.

It ain't worth the "savings". JMO

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Guess I'm old fashioned.
    I watch ATT UVISION.
    Cost more, but less trouble.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    If you were on AT&T Uverse in my area, by the time you purchased the package that had SEC Network, and the kids channels you needed, got the HD DVR, extra box for extra TV, DSL internet, 2 cell phones and 2 iPads with unlimited data, your bill would be close to $600 per month.

Now my TV and internet costs combined are now less than $100 per month. So the savings is approaching $200 per month for us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    If I understand your post then you have to separate the cable and internet from the 2 cell phones, 2 ipads, unlimited date etc. and figure out exactly what you were paying for just cable and internet. Then compare that to what you're paying now and take into consideration that you probably have less channels and features with a streaming service. I've found that bundling everything together is not necessarily cheaper. I'm paying roughly $300/month for 2 phones on Verizon ($160), Direct TV ($60) and AT&T Giga Power fiber internet ($90). You might want to shop around if you were paying $600 for what you listed because the only difference vs what I listed is you had 2 more devices on your phone plan which shouldn't cost $300/ month more..
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; March 27th, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

BamaNation First Team Saban4Ever's Avatar

We just switched from Uverse to Comcast XFinity yesterday and I lost all my BAMA football recordings. I am especially upset that I lost the 2 Clemson games (the ones we won) and the Championship game v UGA recently. I will have to look on SEC network or other channels to see when they replay those to record them again.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    We just switched from Uverse to Comcast XFinity yesterday and I lost all my BAMA football recordings. I am especially upset that I lost the 2 Clemson games (the ones we won) and the Championship game v UGA recently. I will have to look on SEC network or other channels to see when they replay those to record them again.
    Youtube typically has full games up. Haven't looked for those specifically, but if you have any type of app streaming system (Ie: Roku or firestick) you can download the YouTube app and watch most of our recent games and usually the quality is fair-good.
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation All-American

ESPN/Disney came out with ESPN+ today. Could be cool. I started the free trial to check it out. Click here for an article about it

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    ESPN/Disney came out with ESPN+ today. Could be cool. I started the free trial to check it out. Click here for an article about it
    Talked about it some in a thread on NS. There doesnít appear anything significant on it. Not worth $5 a month if youíre wanting to cut the cord and still watch football or basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Iíve switched from Sling to Direct TV Now. During the tourney I didnít notice too much of a lag. Nothing like Sling. Itís a bit more expensive but have more channels, two locals, and multistream for $25 (three month promotion) and it it goes to $45. So far Iím satisfied with it.

BamaNation All-American

Interestingly, I received a letter yesterday from AT&T thanking me for enrolling in cell phone coverage for $9 per month. I got a new phone back at Christmas and decided to forego the insurance. Since then, they have called me every day according to caller ID trying to get me to sign up. I have rejected every single call. So it appears they are taking another approach which is to enroll me with out my consent and see if I will turn it off. Its unbelievable at they will do. I will have some real fun with that call tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

I may be Alabama-mad, but I'm not crazy. I try to fit the games into a realistic budget.

- A half or more of the bigger games end up on CBS. We get very good reception with a $20 outdoor antenna (we are 15 miles due west of Monte Sano).
    - The remaining bigger games, I slide across town and watch with a buddy.
    - The small games, and indeed all games, end up on youtube the next day, and I watch them then. Knowing that you beat Mercer by 56-3 the previous day does not change my enjoyment level. And having a fall weekend "off" occasionally keeps the wife happy.

Unfortunately you cant buy games a game at a time. The games are a hook for a more expensive offering, and I really hate being manipulated into something long term that I dont want. Having a friend 2 miles away who is crazy allows me to go cheap. Anyway watching the games with a friend really is an upgrade.

(BTW we have WOW, $60/mo, and a T-Mobile phone $30/mo, a T-Mobile phone pay-as-you-go (about $100/yr). Also, Prime ($10/mo and Netflix ($10/mo). I dont think this would satisfy most millennials, who want their $100/mo cellphone contract.)
    Last edited by DrollTide; April 13th, 2018 at 06:34 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

YouTube TV. Youíre welcome