Question: Move Jalen to Slot Receiver?

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
As previously noted, though most fans have already decided that Tua will be the starter next season, Saban has been tight lipped. This may be the best clue yet .....

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]“We want to try to develop both guys to be the best they can be and utilize their talents however we can.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]“Ultimately you have to play the best players, and I think the players have to respect that.”

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...71-E5-1D-BF-34180226_083814AlabamaCrimsonTide[/FONT]

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
As previously noted, though most fans have already decided that Tua will be the starter next season, Saban has been tight lipped. This may be the best clue yet .....

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]“We want to try to develop both guys to be the best they can be and utilize their talents however we can.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]“Ultimately you have to play the best players, and I think the players have to respect that.”

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...71-E5-1D-BF-34180226_083814AlabamaCrimsonTide[/FONT]
Yes, I was thinking of posting this myself. It does seem to hint that Saban might try Jalen at a different position. The words "utilize their talents however we can" seems to be the hint at that. Tua is certainly not fit to play any position but QB and they wouldn't be utilizing Tua's talents by keeping him on the bench just to bring in if the running game isn't working.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, I was thinking of posting this myself. It does seem to hint that Saban might try Jalen at a different position. The words "utilize their talents however we can" seems to be the hint at that. Tua is certainly not fit to play any position but QB and they wouldn't be utilizing Tua's talents by keeping him on the bench just to bring in if the running game isn't working.
I think we may be reading little too much into that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think we may be reading little too much into that.
I think you can probably interpret what CNS says according to your own slant on the situation. However, I think PA makes a good point that utilizing Tua isn't going to be done at any other position and that doing so with Jalen's could involve a different role.

If CNS plays the best player, which before he was unsure about, but now has seen Tua operating with live bullets flying around him, then that means Jalen has to decide "Do I want to play backup qb OR do I want to play no matter the position?" Of course, we know he could choose option #3 and transfer, but I think most of us hope he stays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.