Where do we stand? 2/5

jme

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2018
I think we get Peterson and I know the rumors about him not qualifying but we've got about 10 guys trying to get 8 spots so if Saban thinks he won't qualify he wouldn't be trying to get him just my thoughts

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Is there a particular position?

Kelvin Joseph had been rumored to be leaning to flipping to Bama for a few months but has stayed committed to LSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never heard a name or position...just the typical NSD rumor

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I’ve heard of a top 100 surprise but your list hits the nail on the head. Peterson is a juco kid. Hearing 10% chance of qualifying. Its just wasn’t higher on our board Smith is viewed higher than him
Wasn't rated higher than thin air either?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I think we get Peterson and I know the rumors about him not qualifying but we've got about 10 guys trying to get 8 spots so if Saban thinks he won't qualify he wouldn't be trying to get him just my thoughts
Hmmmmmm

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Could be the long game. We stay on him now when he comes out of JUCO he gives us a look. Don't want a kid with that talent to not give us a shot in a year or two down the road.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Could be the long game. We stay on him now when he comes out of JUCO he gives us a look. Don't want a kid with that talent to not give us a shot in a year or two down the road.
Interesting approach. While perhaps not in the way of how the term is normally used when referring to new recruits, this would certainly make him a "project " IMO. He may well be worth the investment.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
So what's the story on this Jalen Moody guy. I don't recall the last time I saw us offer a 2 star (rivals). His offer sheet includes Ole Miss and Arkansas which suggests other staff's think he can play but still. Is this a guy the staff has had in camp and really likes? or are they thinking he has some upside or what?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Never heard a name or position...just the typical NSD rumor
Intriguing.

Looking at the 247Composite top 100 players that are committed but not signed or enrolled:

Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR - USC
JT Daniels, QB - USC
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB - UCLA
Kelvin Joseph, S - LSU
JJ Peterson, OLB - Tennessee
Nesta Silvera, DT - Miami
Leon O'Neal, Jr., S - TAMU
Richard Gouraige, OT - Florida
Otis Reese, OLB - Michigan
Justin Watkins, WR - Florida
Matthew Hill, WR - Auburn
Tyler Friday, DT - Ohio State
Jalen Preston, WR - TAMU
Joshua Moore, WR - Texas

There are some obvious ones that can be ignored because Alabama hasn't been considered by the player. Others, would be a shock, but we've at least seen mutual interest.
So what's the story on this Jalen Moody guy. I don't recall the last time I saw us offer a 2 star (rivals). His offer sheet includes Ole Miss and Arkansas which suggests other staff's think he can play but still. Is this a guy the staff has had in camp and really likes? or are they thinking he has some upside or what?
From what I've read, he had some grade issues going into the year and was under the radar. He had a big senior year and took off. He's also apparently cleaned up his grade issues.

Believe a poster works at his school. Might be able to give more insight...

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I will say his grade issues and test scores are now good to go. Both parties are very interested. Coach Golding has come and received the necessary paperwork.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Intriguing.

Looking at the 247Composite top 100 players that are committed but not signed or enrolled:

Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR - USC
JT Daniels, QB - USC
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB - UCLA
Kelvin Joseph, S - LSU
JJ Peterson, OLB - Tennessee
Nesta Silvera, DT - Miami
Leon O'Neal, Jr., S - TAMU
Richard Gouraige, OT - Florida
Otis Reese, OLB - Michigan
Justin Watkins, WR - Florida
Matthew Hill, WR - Auburn
Tyler Friday, DT - Ohio State
Jalen Preston, WR - TAMU
Joshua Moore, WR - Texas

There are some obvious ones that can be ignored because Alabama hasn't been considered by the player. Others, would be a shock, but we've at least seen mutual interest.
Well, if the rumor is true I would expect it has something to do with either Joseph or O'Neal.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I watched his video and he is very active and instinctive similar to SDH. He is not a Foster or Wilson type that is freakishly athletic. He is a 3* on most services. He is a back-up plan today but I expect him to sign tomorrow.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is how I see it...correct me if I'm wrong:

Reasonably high expectations of signing:

Smith DB
Moody LB

Hopefully confident of signing:

Ross WR
Waddle WR
Langham DE
Beal DL

50/50 shot:

Surtain DB
Brown DT (Potential qualifying issues)
Campbell DB

Less that 50% chance of signing:

Copeland WR
Peterson LB (Definite qualifying issues)

Hope and a prayer:

Petit-Frere OL

Good luck at your new school:

Walker LB
Jackson LB
Taylor-Stuart DB
Sewell OL

Rumors of surprise signing possibility:

Joseph DB

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Going to call my shots and live with it at this point.
#1) Ross (very confident)
#2) Waddle ( very confident)
#3) Surtain (could be wrong but LSU screwed up a in home question with them)
#4) Campbell ( just a feeling)
#5) NPF ( he wants to be here) (the coach is pushing him to there because of DC at OSU)
#6) Langham (hearing this could be UF and the reason for Beal)
#7) Smith
#8) Moody
#9) Brown (This is a guess)

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
If you're the type that finds CBs noteworthy, they've apparently been rolling in for NPF to ohio state.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Going to call my shots and live with it at this point.
#1) Ross (very confident)
#2) Waddle ( very confident)
#3) Surtain (could be wrong but LSU screwed up a in home question with them)
#4) Campbell ( just a feeling)
#5) NPF ( he wants to be here)
#6) Langham
#7) Smith
#8) Moody
#9) Brown (This is a guess)
That is a beautiful finish indeed...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.