Where do we stand? 2/5

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
If you're the type that finds CBs noteworthy, they've apparently been rolling in for NPF to ohio state.
based of a coach pushing a kid to OSU. He wants Bama and they are still calling asking questions even today so nobody truly knows until ink meets paper. The crystal balls started off as a good thing but until they can't change them five minutes before a decision , its pointless.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Going to call my shots and live with it at this point.
#1) Ross (very confident)
#2) Waddle ( very confident)
#3) Surtain (could be wrong but LSU screwed up a in home question with them)
#4) Campbell ( just a feeling)
#5) NPF ( he wants to be here) (the coach is pushing him to there because of DC at OSU)
#6) Langham (hearing this could be UF and the reason for Beal)
#7) Smith
#8) Moody
#9) Brown (This is a guess)
Has Beal played any on the D line?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
#5) NPF ( he wants to be here) (the coach is pushing him to there because of DC at OSU)
#7) Smith
#8) Moody
If we sign your top 5 I will be very happy. That finish would put us at #3. Interesting comment about Langham. Did not even consider UF.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If we sign your top 5 I will be very happy. That finish would put us at #3. Interesting comment about Langham. Did not even consider UF.
I'm with you J - signing that top 5 of that group would be an awesome finish to this class. But I still hold out hope for Langham. Smith and Moody seem to me as locks at this point. Brown sticks but has a lot of class work.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Loves Mullen
I do too...also love Coach Mac and Coach Muschamp...none of whom will sniff a championship anytime soon IMHO. Seems to me that the kids who make the business decision always have Crimson bubbling up to the top. Of course, that is only my perception but 5 for 9 is a formula for success that I can believe in. But these are kids after all.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I do too...also love Coach Mac and Coach Muschamp...none of whom will sniff a championship anytime soon IMHO. Seems to me that the kids who make the business decision always have Crimson bubbling up to the top. Of course, that is only my perception but 5 for 9 is a formula for success that I can believe in. But these are kids after all.
I just really don`t think winning championships is real. real important to some of these kids. They don`t make the connection.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
yeah makes sense and the reason I heard Beal got the green light to commit.
CNS likes Beal and thinks he can play D line, which he is open to

Has Beal played any on the D line?
I think some, but not extensively.

I just really don`t think winning championships is real. real important to some of these kids. They don`t make the connection.
Instant gratification is the flavor of the day.....championships are not instant, or painless

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
#7) Smith
#8) Moody
I'm feeling a little more confident now in Campbell too ....some 247 analysts have also flipped their crystal ball predictions to Campbell to Bama ....if so CNS made up some serious ground. Let's hope...RTR

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm feeling a little more confident now in Campbell too ....some 247 analysts have also flipped their crystal ball predictions to Campbell to Bama ....if so CNS made up some serious ground. Let's hope...RTR
This confuses me since I had heard Campbell and Surtain were wanting to go their different ways after high school. I guess things can change and hoping we get both but certainly want at least one of them.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
This confuses me since I had heard Campbell and Surtain were wanting to go their different ways after high school. I guess things can change and hoping we get both but certainly want at least one of them.
I've been thinking about this too. I know it's been widely stated that they want to go to different schools, I'm hoping though we could pull off a double whammy here

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is off topic but I saw an article about the top 100 players and where they were going and I noticed Demarvion Overshown who signed with Texas had on this great t-shirt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Intriguing.

Looking at the 247Composite top 100 players that are committed but not signed or enrolled:

Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR - USC
JT Daniels, QB - USC
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB - UCLA
Kelvin Joseph, S - LSU
JJ Peterson, OLB - Tennessee
Nesta Silvera, DT - Miami
Leon O'Neal, Jr., S - TAMU
Richard Gouraige, OT - Florida
Otis Reese, OLB - Michigan
Justin Watkins, WR - Florida
Matthew Hill, WR - Auburn
Tyler Friday, DT - Ohio State
Jalen Preston, WR - TAMU
Joshua Moore, WR - Texas

There are some obvious ones that can be ignored because Alabama hasn't been considered by the player. Others, would be a shock, but we've at least seen mutual interest.

From what I've read, he had some grade issues going into the year and was under the radar. He had a big senior year and took off. He's also apparently cleaned up his grade issues.

Believe a poster works at his school. Might be able to give more insight...
Tyler Friday tells 247 he's still signing with Ohio State tomorrow but Alabama has been recruiting him hard for the last two weeks.

Maybe he's the NSD surprise rumor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.