Where do we stand? 2/5

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This was such a beautiful list. I still hold out hope we can nail at least the top three along with Smith. If we can somehow keep Langham then bring in Moody, Beal and please be true rumor of top 100 flip to Bama...maybe a big Safety. That is still a very nice finish.
Things change and we dropped the ball on some guys earlier. Top 5 finish is still a top 5 finish. With the New Coaches we have watch out next year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Things change and we dropped the ball on some guys earlier. Top 5 finish is still a top 5 finish. With the New Coaches we have watch out next year.
Agreed - top 5 class will keep us rolling for sure. And next cycle we most definitely reclaim the top spot without doubt. We truly have an amazing staff on board now.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
There is a real chance we wind up with 'only' Ross and Waddle, though. A head scratcher for me.

rtr

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I guess this is a result of such major coaching turnover and these coaches just not putting all their efforts into this class ...knew they were leaving. It hurts! But I guess if "hurting" is still a Top 5 Class ...then I guess we can handle it! But I can guarantee this lit a fire under Saban's booty!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Board is looking like this now...

#1) Smith
#2) Moody
#3) Surtain

Ross
Waddle
Copeland
Langham
Beal
And expected loss of Jackson. I think we finish with Ross, Waddle and Beal. I don't think Peterson has announced yet so he may be in this class even though insiders don't think he will qualify.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess this is a result of such major coaching turnover and these coaches just not putting all their efforts into this class ...knew they were leaving. It hurts! But I guess if "hurting" is still a Top 5 Class ...then I guess we can handle it! But I can guarantee this lit a fire under Saban's booty!
As I said earlier, he's been down the backs of our coaching staff about recruiting effort all season long. In addition to some having decided they were short-termers, you don't always get max effort out of career NFL coaches...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Does anybody think UGA and Smart are recruiting a little to well? Saw they signed 7 top 100 ESPN players which is the most ever..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
IIRC we have 2 from last year counting to this class which is why we can only sign 23. If we sign less, say 21, can we use those 2 slots next year on Juco kids to back fill the final 2 and sign a full 25? Obviously Texas is doing that with 26 signed and several others that could be added.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Does anybody think UGA and Smart are recruiting a little to well? Saw they signed 7 top 100 ESPN players which is the most ever..
It's just a perfect storm.

Had relationship with elite recruits from recruiting them at UA.
Florida and Tennessee getting new coaches.
SEC East being down.
Early signing period, so he was able to lockup most guys in December.
Crazy number of scholarships available.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He's put a wall up around Georgia. Keeping the in state talent -- plus the only other major college in Georgia is running an offense from the 1970s....

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
As I said earlier, he's been down the backs of our coaching staff about recruiting effort all season long. In addition to some having decided they were short-termers, you don't always get max effort out of career NFL coaches...
One of those guys in particular really hasn't come through at all since coming here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.