Where do we stand? 2/5

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
As I said earlier, he's been down the backs of our coaching staff about recruiting effort all season long. In addition to some having decided they were short-termers, you don't always get max effort out of career NFL coaches...
Yep and he sure solidified our position with his coaching hires. We are still going to have an amazing class on what many would consider a down recruiting year in T-Town. Kirby is having a banner year at our expense because of what you articulate but I believe we will more than make it up in the next cycle.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Georgia just got another , Tommy bush....geez
That makes 26. Did they not have 25 last year allowing them to back fill? If so, we need to take Ross and stop. Let us have 28 next year unless we REALLY like one of the other kids....

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
We also lacked spots in a number of positions that we typically recruit well in (RB, LB) and no QBs were going to commit to us with Tua and Jalen in the mix. WR class, where we are dominating, and CB class, are our points this go 'round, as well as - like always - DL (though a lack of DTs which I found somewhat surprising).

I think we'll still have more 5* on roster than any other program. Only Clemson and UGA have a shot at having more (and maybe OSU).

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Georgia just got another , Tommy bush....geez
Kirby has a lot growing to do as a coach. We will see how well he does in year three with success on the field this season and suddenly a lockeroom management issue with playing time expectations a lot of kids are expecting in Athens.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm also guessing some of these coaches are trying to position Saban as being gone (retiring) in the next couple of years... At some point (unless you are Coach K at Duke) -- you would think it will start to hurt us....

But, if a kid wants to win a Championship, and Bama wants you -- I just don't get it....why go anywhere else?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kirby has a lot growing to do as a coach. We will see how well he does in year three with success on the field this season and suddenly a lockeroom management issue with playing time expectations a lot of kids are expecting in Athens.
Posted in another thread that Kirby has implemented step 1 in the process. Gotta recruit like CNS. Now, the pressure to do something with a class like this will prove if he can manage the roaster, develop them and win with them. High expectations out of Athens to meet in the next couple of years. They'll expect this class to translate into a SEC Championship at a minimum.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But, if a kid wants to win a Championship, and Bama wants you -- I just don't get it....why go anywhere else?
For many the desire to win championships is only one factor among many. I know that we all understand this, but can sometimes forget that there are many, many schools other than our favorites that will check the other boxes, and some will be a better fit for the kid than Alabama or OSU.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
For many the desire to win championships is only one factor among many. I know that we all understand this, but can sometimes forget that there are many, many schools other than our favorites that will check the other boxes, and some will be a better fit for the kid than Alabama or OSU.
True 'Dat...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Posted in another thread that Kirby has implemented step 1 in the process. Gotta recruit like CNS. Now, the pressure to do something with a class like this will prove if he can manage the roaster, develop them and win with them. High expectations out of Athens to meet in the next couple of years. They'll expect this class to translate into a SEC Championship at a minimum.
Thing is that they have us to deal with and we are certainly not going away...in fact, trending up with the new coaching staff.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Georgia will have roster management issues soon. This will hurt their chance of convincing recruits for playing time this time next year.
Talking heads and armchair fans have been saying this about Saban for years. It doesn't hold water. Kirby will follow the Saban's blueprint and tell the guys they will have to come
in and compete, and he will still get top recruits. We all know that Georgia has been a powder keg ready to blow for a long, long time. They have the 2nd best state in the southeast for recruits (Florida #1 obviously), and they have no in-state competition. I believe Kirby will recruit just as well or better next year unfortunately. Just my opinion.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Talking heads and armchair fans have been saying this about Saban for years. It doesn't hold water. Kirby will follow the Saban's blueprint and tell the guys they will have to come
in and compete, and he will still get top recruits. We all know that Georgia has been a powder keg ready to blow for a long, long time. They have the 2nd best state in the southeast for recruits (Florida #1 obviously), and they have no in-state competition. I believe Kirby will recruit just as well or better next year unfortunately. Just my opinion.
I agree Bama might as well get used to competing with UGA they are going to be there year in and year out just like Bama. Facts are facts whether we like them or not. Kirby is building Georgia just like Saban did at Bama as you stated.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Man you have been real hard on recruiting lately....
This is the best defensive back class we've ever had. If youre looking for a positive from me. Daboll being gone should help recruiting since he,successors will actually, you know, recruit. Very talented class overrall just some very disappointing misses in this class especially coming off such a high profile title game win.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Meyer had the best Recruiting class of all time and ended up being his downfall. Kirby is making a lot of promises and hope he can keep them. IMO he is just like Sumlin and his QB's will be his downfall. Do any of you think he didn't promise Fields playing time? What happens with Fromm ? What about the players that just went to the championship with Fromm? This isn't the same as Tua and a truly limited Hurts. Also, Georgia is rising in a all time low SEC east which just picked up two coaches that will recruit better than the last two. FSU , Clemson will hurt GA recruiting. Bama just upgraded Recruiting coaches and the instate talent is there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.