Where do we stand? 2/5

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is the best defensive back class we've ever had. If youre looking for a positive from me. Daboll being gone should help recruiting since he,successors will actually, you know, recruit. Very talented class overrall just some very disappointing misses in this class especially coming off such a high profile title game win.
Nice post and very well said.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If this is a "down" year and we finish around #5 or so I imagine we can live with it. Seems CNS might have seen this coming and that explains all the coaching changes and improved recruiting skills.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I’m just a casual follower of recruiting, but from where I’m at it looks like we are absolutely getting clobbered by Georgia.
Every dawg has their day and hats off to 'em. We can't stay on top forever but we'll finish nicely and fill our needs for the most part. We just won a Natty and lookin to repeat.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Every dawg has their day and hats off to 'em. We can't stay on top forever but we'll finish nicely and fill our needs for the most part. We just won a Natty and lookin to repeat.
We got the most college ready cb in the entire nation and now again his dad is the head coach of a school that churn out talent every year in S.Florida. (also was a all-pro in the NFL at CB) S.Florida is a huge point of emphasis for BAMA recruiting. We have the WR pipeline and with this added connection could be huge for years.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Meyer had the best Recruiting class of all time and ended up being his downfall. Kirby is making a lot of promises and hope he can keep them. IMO he is just like Sumlin and his QB's will be his downfall. Do any of you think he didn't promise Fields playing time? What happens with Fromm ? What about the players that just went to the championship with Fromm? This isn't the same as Tua and a truly limited Hurts. Also, Georgia is rising in a all time low SEC east which just picked up two coaches that will recruit better than the last two. FSU , Clemson will hurt GA recruiting. Bama just upgraded Recruiting coaches and the instate talent is there.
I agree with your most of your assessments, but the QB battles at GA will be similar to Bama. It is better to have that problem than not. I don't think FSU and Clemson will have anymore impact on GA recruiting than they have in recent memory. There might be a couple lost to FSU, but the bump won't last.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I agree with your most of your assessments, but the QB battles at GA will be similar to Bama. It is better to have that problem than not. I don't think FSU and Clemson will have anymore impact on GA recruiting than they have in recent memory. There might be a couple lost to FSU, but the bump won't last.
Sumlin had Murray and Allen back to back. Clemson can recruit anywhere. He just took a OT out of Ohio this year and plenty of other guys. FSU will always recruit well especially with the location to GA.
And just came to bama and got Ross.
Also Lawrence was the Best QB in this class period

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Next year should be much better. You can't overstate the importance of losing your defensive and offensive coordinators. Pray we can have some stability come this time next year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, once again, it would appear that there is no " NSD surprise " that we talk about and look forward to every year.
Keep it real Flyer all is good. We need to understand that we already had an outstanding class that signed early. Worst case scenario is we get one or two more guys but hey man we have some awesome talent headed to the Capstone. We are going to be rollin to another Natty next season with a tremendous on-the-field and recruiting staff to get us back on top.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Keep it real Flyer all is good. We need to understand that we already had an outstanding class that signed early. Worst case scenario is we get one or two more guys but hey man we have some awesome talent headed to the Capstone. We are going to be rollin to another Natty next season with a tremendous on-the-field and recruiting staff to get us back on top.
Seems the Ricky Bobby attitude of "If you're not first you're last" is setting in. This class is still a very talented class. 2019 will be huge and we will be back in our rightful place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.