Where do we stand? 2/5

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Seems the Ricky Bobby attitude of "If you're not first you're last" is setting in. This class is still a very talented class. 2019 will be huge and we will be back in our rightful place.
I bet the coaching changes will be huge for 2019 too. I have high expectations.

At least we got Surtain who felt like the biggest need coming into today. If he is as good as some think he is then he might have us looking back on this class fondly. Eddie Smith is a great signing too and is severely underrated.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not sure we can finish Top 5 now -- maybe.....but does that mean we sign 3 extra next year if we just sign 3 more?
My suspicion is that we are going to be scouring the grad transfer and juco market for some gems. We can only give 25 scollies a year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We don't have full class number available to us from what I've gathered. At this juncture, I bet we stay selective and we get one or two graduate transfers over the next few months. No reason to waste scholarships if the talent ain't there. Especially if we could get some grad transfer DBs.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Good grief guys, who cares what these recruiting sites rank us as?

We are the freakin’ National Champs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
We don't have full class number available to us from what I've gathered. At this juncture, I bet we stay selective and we get one or two graduate transfers over the next few months. No reason to waste scholarships if the talent ain't there. Especially if we could get some grad transfer DBs.
Why would we want Graduate Transfer at DB... when we have Savion, Diggs, Mayden, Carter, etc?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Why would we want Graduate Transfer at DB... when we have Savion, Diggs, Mayden, Carter, etc?
Experienced depth is kinda what I'm figuring. I could be wrong but more experience at DB even if it is rotational players is a luxury we'd love to have. Probably would like a grad transfer or JUCO nose tackle body type too but those are hard to find.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Good grief guys, who cares what these recruiting sites rank us as?

We are the freakin’ National Champs.
This is why recruiting rankings matter - 21 of the last 22 national championship teams have had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before the NC victory. The average NC has 3 top 10 classes. Obviously, we still fit in that criteria but recruiting rankings do matter IRT NCs..

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is why recruiting rankings matter - 21 of the last 22 national championship teams have had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before the NC victory. The average NC has 3 top 10 classes. Obviously, we still fit in that criteria but recruiting rankings do matter IRT NCs..
Darn tootin we fit...3 number ones and a top ten in 4 years? I mean, we are on the way to another Natty guys.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Experienced depth is kinda what I'm figuring. I could be wrong but more experience at DB even if it is rotational players is a luxury we'd love to have. Probably would like a grad transfer or JUCO nose tackle body type too but those are hard to find.
But we played lot of DBs last year. WE have some experience returning and we already got Savion. WE will be okay. We just need to add another body or 2 on DL.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Georgia is about to have our "problem" this year. We slammed it down in 2016 and 2017 so the depth chart kinda got to be a recruitment factor and pure numbers available to offer was going to be down due to big, high hit-rate classes back-to-back. Georgia is going to have that problem in 2019. They're probably going to have flips once young guys step up at their prospective position in Athens. They're going to miss on guys because the depth chart is going to be used against them. They're going to start losing staff to new career opportunities too.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just wondering about the timing with naming Tosh DC yesterday. Did anybody else find this odd timing? Anything to do with today's results or lack thereof?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.