Where do we stand? 2/5

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
It will be an interesting 48 hours with lots of information and misinformation out there....here's where I feel we are:

DBs
Surtain- lots of people on each side feel good. I still feel we have the slight edge.
Campbell- never did I think we would be able to have a shot here, but Bama has trended. Some feel it is very close to a toss-up. Our staff has done an amazing job here.
Smith - sources say yes.
Taylor-Stuart - whatever happened....happened. Don't expect him.

LBs
Walker- most feel he is gone.
Jackson- should flip to aTm.
Moody- 95% he is Bama.
Peterson- Probst said he was 50/50 as well as some UT sources. May not matter as I have seen some low percentages as to his qualifying chances.

DL
Brown- loves the recruiting game and no one has a good feel for him. aTm and Bama sources are both skeptical. Still has work to do academically.
Beal- had a great visit to Bama and he is playing it very close to the vest. He did eliminate LSU and UF. We are recruiting him primarily as a DL.
Langham- loved his Agbarn visit, loves Mullen, but sources say Bama is still his destination.

WRs
Ross- will be surprised if its not Bama.
Waddle- not actually going to aTm this weekend was probably a good sign, though some aTm sources still are positive. I've leaned Bama.
Copeland- Bama has continued to recruit hard, but have seen nothing to indicate he's coming.

OL
Sewell- no longer confident unless this is the greatest smoke screen.
Petit-Frere- his coach got involved and his pushing him away from Bama, but Bama is his preference.

QBs
I do not expect any QB to have an LOI from Bama.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Thank you for the clarity of your post. So being conservative, we are probably talking eight kids to bring the total to 23. I think that was about where we thought we'd end up.

One last thing: did Jay's kid decide to come on or is he going to play DII ball?

rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Did not know much about Beal.

https://247sports.com/Player/Glenn-Beal-85942

So the field is narrowed to the below. To close with the 8 in bold would be amazing:

DBs
Surtain
Campbell- maybe
Smith

LBs
Moody
Peterson- non-qualifier?

DL
Brown
Beal- surprise to me thought he was a TE prospect
Langham

WRs
Ross
Waddle

OL
Petit-Frere-maybe

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Thank you for the clarity of your post. So being conservative, we are probably talking eight kids to bring the total to 23. I think that was about where we thought we'd end up.

One last thing: did Jay's kid decide to come on or is he going to play DII ball?

rtr
Pretty sure he would crawl to T-Town from Spain Park High School.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

rtr
I think he is walking on.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

rtr
I know hes had a walkon offer at Memphis and Bama with Memphis having a chance of turning into a scholarship, Georgia had contacted him but an offer never transpired. I'm assuming Bama at this point. There are other boards out there with supposed recruiting insiders who are hinting at a graduate transfer that we've been in contact with, personally I think that's unlikely at this point but I guess never say never.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Beal as a D lineman. That`s intriguing. Has good size for a D end, probably enough height to carry enough weight to go inside, but he`s kind of tall ( 6`5" ) . Don`t remember how tall Payne is.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Lol ,rakewon Davis is what 6'7 if Beal is mean enough and athletic enough he could make a good DL
Oh sure. Davis is a D end. I was thinking more of Beal possibly putting on weight and going down inside. My impression has been that NT`s are generally shorter than 6` 5", but I could be wrong. He`s big enough now (although I imagine they`ll put weight on him even for DE ) to play DE. The key is indeed what you said that`s in bold.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Oh sure. Davis is a D end. I was thinking more of Beal possibly putting on weight and going down inside. My impression has been that NT`s are generally shorter than 6` 5", but I could be wrong. He`s big enough now (although I imagine they`ll put weight on him even for DE ) to play DE. The key is indeed what you said that`s in bold.
You are not wrong about most being shorter than 6' 5". Payne is 6' 2". You need lower pad level inside. Josh Chapman was only 6' but you could not move him. Cody was 6' 5" but when you weigh 360-375 lbs you can't be moved.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You are not wrong about most being shorter than 6' 5". Payne is 6' 2". You need lower pad level inside. Josh Chapman was only 6' but you could not move him. Cody was 6' 5" but when you weigh 360-375 lbs you can't be moved.
It`s Johnny Dwight`s turn to step up. He`s listed at 6-3, a little over 300. Mathis is 6-4.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
The days of guys like Terrance Cody and Josh Chapman are over. Today's game calls for guys who can stop the run AND rush the passer. A guy like A'Shawn Robinson is the best I've ever seen. Of course, guys like him don't come along often. That 2015 front was incredible.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
It will be an interesting 48 hours with lots of information and misinformation out there....here's where I feel we are:

DBs
Surtain- lots of people on each side feel good. I still feel we have the slight edge.
Campbell- never did I think we would be able to have a shot here, but Bama has trended. Some feel it is very close to a toss-up. Our staff has done an amazing job here.
Smith - sources say yes.
Taylor-Stuart - whatever happened....happened. Don't expect him.

LBs
Walker- most feel he is gone.
Jackson- should flip to aTm.
Moody- 95% he is Bama.
Peterson- Probst said he was 50/50 as well as some UT sources. May not matter as I have seen some low percentages as to his qualifying chances.

DL
Brown- loves the recruiting game and no one has a good feel for him. aTm and Bama sources are both skeptical. Still has work to do academically.
Beal- had a great visit to Bama and he is playing it very close to the vest. He did eliminate LSU and UF. We are recruiting him primarily as a DL.
Langham- loved his Agbarn visit, loves Mullen, but sources say Bama is still his destination.

WRs
Ross- will be surprised if its not Bama.
Waddle- not actually going to aTm this weekend was probably a good sign, though some aTm sources still are positive. I've leaned Bama.
Copeland- Bama has continued to recruit hard, but have seen nothing to indicate he's coming.

OL
Sewell- no longer confident unless this is the greatest smoke screen.
Petit-Frere- his coach got involved and his pushing him away from Bama, but Bama is his preference.

QBs
I do not expect any QB to have an LOI from Bama.
I’ve heard of a top 100 surprise but your list hits the nail on the head. Peterson is a juco kid. Hearing 10% chance of qualifying. Its just wasn’t higher on our board Smith is viewed higher than him

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I’ve heard of a top 100 surprise but your list hits the nail on the head. Peterson is a juco kid. Hearing 10% chance of qualifying. Its just wasn’t higher on our board Smith is viewed higher than him
Interesting...the list of undecided recruits in the top 100 includes the following:

Patrick Surtain
Nick Petit-Frere
Justyn Ross
Olaijah Griffin
Tyson Campbell
Jaylen Waddle
Isaac Taylor-Stuart
Rick Sandridge DT
Devon Williams
Penei Sewell
Rasheed Walker OT
Ja’Marr Chase
Tanner McKee
William Barnes OG
Michael Thompson DT
Solomon Tuliaupupu ILB
Mario Goodrich CB

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Interesting...the list of undecided recruits in the top 100 includes the following:

Patrick Surtain
Nick Petit-Frere
Justyn Ross
Olaijah Griffin
Tyson Campbell
Jaylen Waddle
Isaac Taylor-Stuart
Rick Sandridge DT
Devon Williams
Penei Sewell
Rasheed Walker OT
Ja’Marr Chase
Tanner McKee
William Barnes OG
Michael Thompson DT
Solomon Tuliaupupu ILB
Mario Goodrich CB
My guess would be Griffin, Thompson or Sandridge.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

rtr
Tweeted a few minutes ago he's going to take the PWO offer from Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Patrick Surtain
Nick Petit-Frere
Justyn Ross
Olaijah Griffin
Tyson Campbell
Jaylen Waddle
Isaac Taylor-Stuart
Rick Sandridge DT
Devon Williams
Penei Sewell
Rasheed Walker OT
Ja’Marr Chase
Tanner McKee
William Barnes OG
Michael Thompson DT
Solomon Tuliaupupu ILB
Mario Goodrich CB
If it's the same rumor, heard he is committed elsewhere

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.