SpaceX Heavy rocket launch - Tuesday Feb. 6 at 1:30pm ET

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't get it, every one is having fun or joking but, if the goal was to orbit Mars and now you have missed, isn't that a failed mission?
Because this was simply a test to prove whether or not the systems worked - they wanted to prove they could meet / exceed a Mars orbit. They did exactly what they intended to.

Remember, this was the very first test of their new heavy lift system, and it was a resounding success. They had to prove the system works - and it did - and now they'll continue refining it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I don't get it, every one is having fun or joking but, if the goal was to orbit Mars and now you have missed, isn't that a failed mission? If this was a manned mission they'd be in deep doodoo. I don't ever remember NASA sending a probe to Mars and completely missing the planet. They all may have not survived the landing but they all hit the planet.
The goal of this mission was solar orbit, not mars. I think mars may have been the stated goal earlier but it changed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.