Tanner McKee? PRO out of CA

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I see where the CBs show 100% Stanford, but that Bama is one of five schools all listed as “Warm” including Stanford. Tosh is in charge of his recruiting.... any chance? He’s 6’ 6”. Big kid

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I see where the CBs show 100% Stanford, but that Bama is one of five schools all listed as “Warm” including Stanford. Tosh is in charge of his recruiting.... any chance? He’s 6’ 6”. Big kid
He has a mission to go on, so he's basically a 2020 recruit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Our recent history with QBs from out west has not been good: Barnett, Bateman, DelRio. I am not sure if it is a case of simply misjudging them or some other factor(s). I however do not see McKee leaving the west coast to come to Alabama. Since we apparently have whiffed on our top QB prospects I agree with those who have said we do not take a QB in this class.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Our recent history with QBs from out west has not been good: Barnett, Bateman, DelRio. I am not sure if it is a case of simply misjudging them or some other factor(s). I however do not see McKee leaving the west coast to come to Alabama.
Del Rio was second string QB but left because his dad didn't like Kiffin. We didn't misjudge him.

McKee hasn't been mentioned with Alabama since about December or earlier. He appears headed to Stanford. His two year Mormon mission before college probably played a big role in Alabama not continuing to recruit him.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Del Rio was second string QB but left because his dad didn't like Kiffin. We didn't misjudge him.

McKee hasn't been mentioned with Alabama since about December or earlier. He appears headed to Stanford. His two year Mormon mission before college probably played a big role in Alabama not continuing to recruit him.
When reading his recruitment, I keep thinking.....is he going to be reading defenses and throwing books of mormon? QB is not a position you can play at the college level after not playing for two years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
When reading his recruitment, I keep thinking.....is he going to be reading defenses and throwing books of mormon? QB is not a position you can play at the college level after not playing for two years.
One of the first comments I read from him was him saying Saban said he could take his mission before enrolling. I initially laughed. Saban might have meant it at first, but I don't think he really cared for the thought as McKee's recruitment progressed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.