2018 NFL Draft Process Thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Levi Wallace unofficial 4.48. not a bad time for him tbh. I was worried he would run much slower than that.
He was expected by NFL guys to run much slower, so this time is huge for him. He will no longer be thought of as a guy who simply overcame physical limitations by becoming A great technician. A 4.48 40 makes him fast enough to play on an island if his technique is solid, and he is probably the most sound CB from that point in Saban's tenure at Alabama (certainly top 3).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was expected by NFL guys to run much slower, so this time is huge for him. He will no longer be thought of as a guy who simply overcame physical limitations by becoming A great technician. A 4.48 40 makes him fast enough to play on an island if his technique is solid, and he is probably the most sound CB from that point in Saban's tenure at Alabama (certainly top 3).
Curious to see what his official ends up being because his second unofficial was 4.68.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
LOL at Wallace's time. Everyone thought he was slow. He just seemed slow compared with the other side... :D
Yah when the other 2 corners are running sub 4.4s everything seems slow by comparison.
Really hoping Levi gets an honest look. Seems like the type of guy that a team like the Pats or Cardinals would take and get a good bit of use out of him. Cyrus didn't pan out, for whatever reason, but I think Levi might have a bit more to work with.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Curious to see what his official ends up being because his second unofficial was 4.68.
A lot of guys have had much slower second runs this year. Generally the first run time has held up as the official time. Levi was probably so happy with his first time that he lost focus on the second.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
LOL at Wallace's time. Everyone thought he was slow. He just seemed slow compared with the other side... :D
exactly - we had three CBs (Hump, Averett and Brown) who ran with the track team at a very high level, so yeah, he's a bit slower than that, but so is everyone else!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
exactly - we had three CBs (Hump, Averett and Brown) who ran with the track team at a very high level, so yeah, he's a bit slower than that, but so is everyone else!
To be fair, everyone had him listed as a 4.65 guy.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
A lot of guys have had much slower second runs this year. Generally the first run time has held up as the official time. Levi was probably so happy with his first time that he lost focus on the second.
But his split was significant. 4.48 in the first, 4.68 in the second.

----

Anyone else see Tony cussed on NFL Network?

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Payne just made some money...and called my recruiting evaluations into question once again. I remember asking this board why we signed another space eating DT. Not one of my best posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
TB exploded out of the blocks; making $$

Would like to be a fly on the wall in his interviews

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I saw where one of the NFL guys was saying that Tony will get drafted because of his speed and special teams skills....

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I saw where one of the NFL guys was saying that Tony will get drafted because of his speed and special teams skills....
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him drafted. We bama fans need to remember our benchmark is pretty high. Reality is that T Brown would have been a multi-year starter just about anywhere else, but at here every player he's been behind either was, or will be, a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.