Dec 11, 2013
I wouldn't call him loveable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Tony will put up monster combine numbers considering he's a track athlete. The combine should give his draft stock a good boost..
His physical attributes will skyrocket his draft stock. He's had some out bursts on the field but I cannot think of anytime where any of them would point to anything of concern, from a character evaluation standpoint. He's just real jacked up when on the field.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Curious to see how Levi Wallace tests. I think he probably has the most to gain/lose at the combine especially when it comes to his 40 time, 3 cone, and 20 yd shuttle. Payne can also help his stock with a good showing.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Tony will put up monster combine numbers considering he's a track athlete. The combine should give his draft stock a good boost..
I agree , I was watching the NFL combine coverage last year. They were talking about how some NFL scouts look more at the tape of the player and some look more at the combine results. The big advantage of the combine for the player is they see you in person physically . It often leads a lasting and more recent impression than film and there's been a number of players over the years who go in and improve their status just in combine results alone

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
His physical attributes will skyrocket his draft stock. He's had some out bursts on the field but I cannot think of anytime where any of them would point to anything of concern, from a character evaluation standpoint. He's just real jacked up when on the field.
I could see the Bengals drafting him. Seems like he'd fit right in with the other characters on that team..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
One thing I always find interesting is the hand size of the QBs. Scouts and draft pundits make a big deal if a QB has big hands. I read that at the Army All American check in Tua had his hands measured at 10 1/4 inches. To put that in perspective Aaron Rodgers has the NFL combine record of 10 1/8 inches. Really explains the velocity and spin that Tua can put on the football..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
One thing I always find interesting is the hand size of the QBs. Scouts and draft pundits make a big deal if a QB has big hands. I read that at the Army All American check in Tua had his hands measured at 10 1/4 inches. To put that in perspective Aaron Rodgers has the NFL combine record of 10 1/8 inches. Really explains the velocity and spin that Tua can put on the football..
Yup. Its a good sign for Tua in the NFL eventually too. The 2 short QBs in the NFL (Brees and Wilson) both have huge hands as well. I think they both actually have slightly larger hands than Tua.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I thought Tua was 10 1/8 inch? but yea basically the same either way.
From what I read Tua was measured at 10 1/4 at the Army All American high school game. That may be 10 1/8 by combine measuring standards. Just like everyone runs a 4.3 during summer workouts and then run a 4.45 at the combine when it's laser timed..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
From what I read Tua was measured at 10 1/4 at the Army All American high school game. That may be 10 1/8 by combine measuring standards. Just like everyone runs a 4.3 during summer workouts and then run a 4.45 at the combine when it's laser timed..

Ask any guy or girl out there. Every 1/4" counts. Don't worry guys, this isn't to scale. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.