2018 NFL Draft Process Thread

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Falcons need Payne but likely will not get him without selling off a good bit of picks...they've been willing to do that in the past though.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not a fan of trading a ton of picks for a player. It rarely works out and just decreases the odds that you find a difference maker. The one exception is if you think a player is a franchise QB. You have to go for broke in those cases.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
CBS is really pushing the whole Ridley to Atlanta (not that I mind). It just seems to be a wasted first pick when the Falcons really need DT help. Unless Julio deleting his Falcons pics from Instagram and shutting down all social media actually means something (I doubt it).
Falcons need Payne but likely will not get him without selling off a good bit of picks...they've been willing to do that in the past though.
It's unlikely, but Payne may fall enough to be there at 26. But, I think the Falcons can get a good DT without trading up. The only guy I'm sure won't be there at 26 is Vita Vea. Maurice Hurst and Taven Bryan will probably be there if Payne isn't. I'd rather have Payne, but those guys aren't too far behind him, particularly Hurst.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's unlikely, but Payne may fall enough to be there at 26. But, I think the Falcons can get a good DT without trading up. The only guy I'm sure won't be there at 26 is Vita Vea. Maurice Hurst and Taven Bryan will probably be there if Payne isn't. I'd rather have Payne, but those guys aren't too far behind him, particularly Hurst.
Taven Bryan is a monster. His potential is unreal.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hurst has a heart condition that might give some teams pause.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if Evans and Fitzpatrick planned the color of their suits together? Evans in crimson and Fitzpatrick in white. Standing side by side, it looks too cool.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.