Link: Josh McDaniels changes his mind on Colts HC job.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I actually think that had more to do with Elway being the gm than being the hc. McDaniels was fired for poor performance and ironically taping practices.
But Elway didn't like Tebow so why would he draft him? It was Elway who went and got Peyton Manning.

(Again, I don't follow it closely so I may be a bit fuzzy on the details but......)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But Elway didn't like Tebow so why would he draft him? It was Elway who went and got Peyton Manning.

(Again, I don't follow it closely so I may be a bit fuzzy on the details but......)
The thing about drafting is there are three people involved: owner, gm, and coach. The owner and gm can overrule the coach and very few organizations allow the coach to pick the money picks by themselves. I really think only one team does and we know who that is. But everyone likes to blame the coach for a bad 1st round pick when it’s actually sometimes (most often times) people above him making the call. I have a hard time believing the owner and gm clearly wanted something else than Tebow.

But fwiw Tebow made Denver better than they were with Orton and won a playoff game.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Had 2 close friends text me about this - a number of coaches are upset about this. McDaniels had been building a staff, and several coaches had accepted positions on his staff at Indy rather than taking other jobs. They are now left adrift with most coaching staffs filled out. McDaniels burned a lot of bridges here, and not just in Indy.
Just WOW!

I didn't know about the assistants. That is low rent dirty scum.

The coaching fraternity is small and close and they all know each other's dirt. Even if he does get the NE job, he'll have a hard time convincing assistants to ever trust him.

He didn't just burn bridges....he nuked them, broke up the glassed earth, and plowed salt 6 feet down.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
My initial reaction was "So what?" but then I heard about how it affected his potential assistants . . . low down, dirty dog.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.