Jim McElwain interviewing for Michigan QB position

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
He will do well and will likely be coaching Shea Patterson as their starter next year.
Do you think the NCAA is going to allow him to play without sitting next year? He would have 1 year left at Ole Miss after the bowl ban ends so if they follow their rules he is not eligible to play after the transfer until 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTideRolls

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 31, 2015
Several Ole Miss players are filing an appeal to NCAA since they were misled about sanctions. They should be eligible to play without sitting out a year.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I guess the NCAA is a classic example of the old phrase “rules are made to be broken”. Or maybe it’s like the Pirates code - not really rules, more like guidelines.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I guess the NCAA is a classic example of the old phrase “rules are made to be broken”. Or maybe it’s like the Pirates code - not really rules, more like guidelines.

Well, (if you are referring to the NCAA considering Ole Miss' players cases) it may just be an extension of their punishment of Ole Miss. Not a formal indictment but a tangible acknowledgement that these kids were caught up in a dirty system and don't deserve to have their playing careers crushed under the weight of their coaches bad decisions.

The NCAA is never going to play anything straight down the middle of "fair" so the best I can hope for is that they at least unfairly hammer others and not us. In this case, if they are going to bend their own rules at least it helps burn the Ole Miss football program to the ground.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
McElwain needs a job where he's not required to be in front of a microphone doing interviews. Every time his name comes up all I can think about are his quirky halftime and/or postgame interviews where his voice starts cracking, he starts gazing at the stadium around him and goes into this "Look around, isn't this great?" (As he begins to cry). He is one strange cat.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
McElwain needs a job where he's not required to be in front of a microphone doing interviews. Every time his name comes up all I can think about are his quirky halftime and/or postgame interviews where his voice starts cracking, he starts gazing at the stadium around him and goes into this "Look around, isn't this great?" (As he begins to cry). He is one strange cat.
Most Uber-talented OCs are.....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Being reported now that Michigan OC Tim Drevno is stepping down. With Mac now on staff, have to wonder if he gets the promotion. I'm sure he and Harbaugh will be great coworkers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Being reported now that Michigan OC Tim Drevno is stepping down. With Mac now on staff, have to wonder if he gets the promotion. I'm sure he and Harbaugh will be great coworkers.
Not surprised that he is leaving - wonder who will coach the OL at UM. Assume that CJM takes over at OC.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Bet the two of them together can come up with an even more boring offense, than they have now. The MEECHIGAN fans will love it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
No tellin' how many "quirk-out" moments there will be when both are in the same room. Harbaugh standing with a recruit at midfield of the "Big House" in his sponge bob square pants PJ's while McElwain is getting choked up as he's pointing up at the stands of the empty stadium telling the recruit "Isn't this great?! Look at all this!".

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.